Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

In December last year, I went down to Jacksonville to visit my daughter and son in law.

My wife found Sean Rush of Trophy Bass Adventures of Central Florida on the web for me. (http://www.floridatrophybass.com).   I signed up for a 6 hour trip.  We caught over 30 bass, none under like 3-4lbs.  3 of them exceeded 8lbs.  We found out that If you correctly submit a report to Florida Trophy Bass (https://www.trophycatchflorida.com)

they will pay you $100 in BassPro Gift cards per fish 8 to 9lb, BassKing t-shirt, Spiderwire Line, and 10 entries into a drawing for a Phoenix bass boat.  10-12lb fish get you $150 gift cards, and 13lb $200, as well as a ton of killer stuff including a Rod and Fiberglass Replica.  These are catch and release fish only.

I wonder if Washing game dept. dept could be interested in looking into such a program?

What an awesome thing.  The $300 I won, basically paid for the guide service...

Views: 471

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

That would be something pretty interesting to have here. But how much though does the Dept. Of fish and wildlife really value the bass fisheries here in the state and would they be willing to do that? Everyone knows this state is known for the quality salmon and trout fisheries, but how much attention does the bass fishing have compared to that to be able have some kind of incentive for catching trophy fish?
And if so, would the qualifying weight of each fish be the same as florida, it being northern strain fish up here? I think it would be really cool to see something like that but those questions came to my mind about it

I agree.  The DFW as an entity normally doesn't give a hoot, but there are certainly employees of the DFW that do.  I think the incentive for Florida Fish and Wildlife (FFW) is the Big Fish conservation (A.K.A. fishing tourism) that keeps them interested.  MONEY.  If catching and releasing 7-8-9lb fish was financially advantageous to someone other than us, we could make it happen I think.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service