Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

The dates for this year's Mayfield Open are June 28th & 29th. Make your plans now. Remember that Mayfield Resort offers a 20% discount off winter rates for all participants for this event.

More info as it comes.

Views: 275

Replies to This Discussion

I cant wait

Hey guys,

I was looking at the WDFW Contest site and there may be an error on it. They have CMA and the M.I. Club having a tourney the same dates. CMA's is the open and M.I's is a club tourney. check it out.

Todd

Thanks Todd - we will look into it!

Thanx for bringing this to my attention Todd. I just sent an email to the WDFW.

Hey everyone,

I am attaching the updated flyer.  Don't forget to make your reservations at Mayfield Lake Resort.  Rooms are filling up fast and remember to ask for your CMA discount.  It saves you almost 50%!  Should be another great year and don't forget, over 22 muskies were caught last year!

Craig

Craig,

I just edited my original post so the flyer shows up at the top.

Also Todd, the WDFW got back to me after contacting Ch57. They changed their tourney so we'll be the only ones on Mayfield that weekend.

I was told by the WDFW that they, the WDFW decided that the fishing contest rules in WA do not apply to musky tournaments as far as number of permits allowed on a given body of water. Funny how all the other rules apply like the $24 permit fee per tourney and the $70 application fee.

I also noticed a new rule that states that "no musky may be kept in a musky tournament". This doesn't apply to any other species tournament for whatever reason, only muskies. That means that if a person catches a 55"er and wants to have it officially scored for inclusion in the record books, it would be a violation.

Double standard comes to mind.

Kinda cool that there is the "no musky may be kept" rule. Look at it as a step in the right direction of "100% catch and release." Could be a sign!? Idk..

As far as the 2 tournies of the same species, all it takes is an email i guess. Sometimes the tw0 clubs can handle it outside the WDFW jurisdiction. And smiles everyone!

See ya

As most of you out there know, I'm all for CPR but I think it's ironic that the WDFW can prohibit a person from keeping a legal size & legally caught fish.

As for coordination between clubs: I thought I'd done that but the person I coordinated dates with is no longer involved with the other club. How was I supposed to know?

Anyhow, glad we were able to work it out.

Just a bump to catch any eyes that have missed it.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service