Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hit Merwin with my buds..Kirby Puckett, Mike Ditka and Brett Fahvra.

Hard fishin..12.5 hours. Lake is down about 8 ft. Kokeheads everywhere. Thats a compliment! 

Me and Fahvre  hooked and missed 2 fish. Saw another couple dozen after someone turned the aquarium on. Follows and swim bys suck! ALWAYS pay attention to your bait. Even when your helping your brotha get undone from a bait eating rock. 40" muskies love danglers! And ALWAYS set the hook! ALWAYS, even on a rock hook up! (38" fish pretend to be rocks with sharp teeth)

Puckett and Ditka not much luck either. They too, saw plenty of frustrating muskies.

A few active fish but not to our liking. Perfect day to be out there. Comfortable and not blow you off the water windy.

Fahvra did get a 18" pikie and did the bonk and release technique he learned on the internets..and pictures on his phone? Huh?

I even tried some squatch calling with no luck! Maybe next time squatch season starts in June I think. Speaking of squatches..Some old timer came up to us and said he got 4. ( heard he likes to play with his fly?) And flyers get more follows..WHAT? If thats what you're looking for.. So maybe..May is Squatch season? Got one to come to my boat..Hollah!

Hope to get some reports from some other muskie chasers.

See yah on the water.

T.

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one Todd. You should have talked to me later on to get an update. I had 8 hits and landed 5

Good seeing you Ed. An odd day out there for me. Nice quality fish...follows,follows,follows....another follow. My dumbass missed a hookup because I just assumed I hooked more timber. Lesson relearned....

With that, I'm done with muskies and joining the squawfish circuit. This big poor bastard slammed a Ducktail Lures Weed Warrior spinnerbait. It now qualifies as my new PB squaw, I'm so blessed.

Alright, all BS aside. Merwin is such a beautiful lake and I look forward to some more trips down that way. Good luck out there everyone.

Good job Ed,

IDK..for as inactive as those fish were idk how you get them to hit a fly. Unless you drop one right in front of their traps the fishies were more scared than anything. Had 2 fish whack us. The other ones just swam away quietly. Good way to start though Ed.

See ya, todd

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service