Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I am looking to sell my 2003 Mercury 50hp EFI. With tiller.

Unfortunatley it has a valve that is stuck in the up postion. And it clacks pretty good at high rpms. Quiter at lower rpms. My buddy scoped all 4 cylinders. They look alright except for head 3 which is the one with the bad valve. So hopefully its just a valve and not the entire head. She ran great, then all of a sudden went south.

I just had the lower unit replaced almost 2 years ago so that is basically brand new. Had that work done at Hilton's in Tacoma. Cost of $1300. She does have a tiller which I have found out are very expensive. Running about $800 just for the freeking tiller arm. The prop is the original. Those run about $200 brand new. Everything else under the cover is in good shape. Electric start. Electric Tilt also.

If you have a motor stand and or tools you can pick her up or we can work something out so you can take her off the transom. I do not have the ability to remove her myself.

My motor has a little over 400 hours on it total. Bought her back in 2008. So hopefully a quick fix or could be more expensive. Could be a project or someone with the know how could get a pretty good motor running again.

Asking $1600 or make a good offer.

email me at ratherbefishin@comcast.net or pm me here on this site. I usually hit the computer after 5 pm. Gotta work ya know?

Thanks, Todd

Views: 171

Attachments:

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service