Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I've done some research and found a way with permits that we can start the 2017 season in 2016.

I know it's early but what do you think about the 2017 season starting October 2016? If yes, East or West side and which lake?

Views: 1028

Replies to This Discussion

Angie,

I think you will see some conflicts with hunting seasons throughout October and November. Funny enough, throughout the spring and summer we are doing our best not to have a mortality rate, however when it comes to the fall and early winter, we want a high mortality rate in a much different way!

I would start by checking out the WDFW general hunting seasons and see where that puts things, but I know in general I'm not thinking much about bass fishing during deer, elk and duck hunting seasons. 

Thanks for the feed back! I kind of thought that would be one concern. Just doing my due diligence to try to increase the number of weekend we have :)
I would be interested. Riffe fishes well in early October, and it's a ghost town. The river is another good option.

If you look at California, and some of the South-Eastern States, they start their seasons in the fall.  Fall fishing is awesome in may locations.  The Banks Lake Frostbite is usually a well attended, fun event and it's in November.  The river is great as well. 

I know hunting is a distraction, but no more than summer camping, spring turkey season etc...  In late October, the PBA throws an open on CDA lake every year, and it usually gets 30-40 boats.

To answer your question Angie, yes.  I think it would be cool to get a few events out of the way in the fall.  The fishing's much better, and we generally get the lakes to ourselves.  I have heard mystical rumors of HUGE river smallmouth in the fall....  easy to catch... "flowing like the rivers of Capistrano." 

Now that is thinking outside of the box Angie! I would definitely join in and think it is a great idea.
Angie rocks! Great idea, I might not have my partner but I would still fish

Count us in! Combine the east and west for a tourney for a bigger pot but just separate the end results into the two divisions!

I'd try to go early oct if at all possible. Bird hunting this year has been pushed back to 10/17 waterfowl and 10/24 pheasant, so if that holds true next year, your competition will still be big game, but it will be mostly limited to that.
Looks like if we go October 8&9, 2016 we would not conflict on the Tritons Owner Tournamant and the HawgHunters open. The most feed back I get for October the the river.
I'm not sure if I can combine east and west but I will check. If not, what would you like on the west side, November? December taken, WAFish. January or February Lake Washington, Sammamish, or ?

I have an idea for your new partner...

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Angie rocks! Great idea, I might not have my partner but I would still fish
Great idea angie, possibly do enough fall early/late winter and spring tournaments so people can participate in more than 1 circuit.

Angie another good time that everyone misses is late March on Banks. Fishing is great that time of year.

Just my two cents.

Bill

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service