Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Does anyone know where it's going to be?

Thanks, Bill

Views: 784

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard rumors of Lake Couer d'Alene

I've heard that rumor. I'm hoping it's not true. I've talked to a lot of guys who say they will skip ABA next if it is.
We'll see.

Thanks
Aren't people tired of the river in September? I don't have a dog in this, but new water keeps it exciting. missionary gets old...

Bill,

Can you help me understand this concept of not fishing ABA because of the location of the championship?  What is it about CDA that is a problem?   Its a nationally rated fishery.  Has the size to handle many boats, and the amenities to support  everyone.  It is only 5 hours from Seattle.  One of the most scenic lakes in the northwest, and the weather in September is 2nd to none.

Which guys are you talking to that are not willing to partake is such a torturous venue?   What is it about the lake that makes you personally hope "its not true"?

Jake, I didn't say I wouldn't fish it. I've fished ABA since the beginning. I also fish a few ABA every winter on Shasta. I will be going there in Feb.
All the championships back then were on Lake Shasta so we would travel every Sept. With the help of a lot of fishermen we got ABA to have a championship in WA. Why would we want to move it out of state again? Plus you have to buy out of state lic for yourself and your boat.
It doesn't have to be on the river. With the size of the championship last year you could hold it anywhere.

Thank you and be well!
Out of state license for Idaho is $6.00 per day after the $12 dollar first day. that shouldnt be a deterrent.

Cda would be a great venue. It is centralized overall, and easy to get to. Plus, the guys who cant figure out a new lake end up getting exposed. Thats the way a championship should be.

Ive talked to a bunch of guys and they have decided they are going to fish ABA for sure if the championship is on CDA.
Then I guess, it should be a wash,(no pun intended).
I was kidding Bill. I haven't spoken to anyone about ABA.

Look, I respect my elders. I respect rational thought even if I don't completely agree.

Maybe your buddies found some stuff last fall on the river or banks that they were hoping to capitilize on... I dont know. (i know I found some great stuff last fall on the river that wouldnt do me any good on CDA)

What I do know is that I havent read any real influential points as to why you "hope CDA isnt the venue."

Out of state license is a drop in the bucket. Banks is as more remote than cda is for quite a few people. Small business owners in coulee city have been treated more than fair recently...

Lets do a glass half full type of deal, and just show up and fish your best. I dont see productivity in any other way.

There was a post not long ago about the "agendas" of tournament directors. I made the statement that Anglers shouldn't cast stones while living in glass houses.

It seems like theres too many hair splitting agendas by anglers. Keep it simple. Show up and fish hard.
I know exactly what you mean. Before your time, I was a tournament director for West Coast Bass for a few years. You can't please or expect to please everyone all the time.

There's still no answer to this question?  I wonder why they haven't decided?  I am wanting to figure out the date of the ABA championship because I'm trying to not get it mixed up with Columbia Basin Bass Club September tournament.

The ABA championships are:
Coeur d' Alene
September 23-24, 2016

Thanks Angie!

Bill

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by