Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I'm sure I am not the only one anxious to see what Gary (NWB), Angie (ABA) or the clubs have put permits in for when it comes to next year's schedule. Consider this a request for a preview of what next year holds... I'd love to see things shook up a bit on both major circuits. 

Views: 1240

Replies to This Discussion

Limit Out Marine will be holding its Big Bass Tournament on June 13th & 14th as well as holding an Open Tournament at Banks Lake August 1 & 2.

Other events to follow in the future stay tuned......

Russ

Evergreen will not be applying for tournament permits for the second consecutive year. As opposed to wasting away our funds with the WDFW, we would rather put our money towards our Soldier Fishing Event which is a much more worthy cause. I wish more clubs would stand behind us in our battle against the WDFW. I'm interested to see what P.J can put together for those of us that still need to fill the low cost tournament void in our lives. Hats off to WBA, Western, and the other clubs that have come up with innovated ways to avoid having their clubs bank accounts sucked dry by the new ridiculous tournament application fees put forth by WDFW.

I don't want to fully point fingers at the WDFW, I think alot of this was brought on by our fearless Governor Gregoir: http://www.ofm.wa.gov/news/release/2010/101215.asp 

This might belong in the politics group.... 

WSBF Qualifier Series for 2015 after changes due to WDFW permit conflicts:

April 25-26 Lake Washington

June 27-28 Riffe Lake

August 29-30 Potholes

This is a fun draw format series that offers a chance to advance to Divisional and National Championship events at a reasonable cost. Hope to see some new faces next year...

Keith,
How is the schedule decided upon for the tbf? Is it the tournament directors choice, the tbf president or...? I know you can't ever please everyone but is there ever an open survey or input from tbf or potential tbf anglers on the lakes? It would be interesting to open it up more for angler input if the goal is to increase participation.

The TBF schedule looks fun, just wish there was one a little closer to us in Spokane. Still planning on doing them though.

I for one am glad the tbf choose to fish 2/3 of the events on the Westside.  The last thing we need is a predominately eastside circuit. 

I firmly agree! With 75% of TBF qualifier participants residing on the westside it makes sense that 2/3 events should be over here every year. I have all the respect in the world for the TBF officers who give soo much, and I'm grateful for the efforts. I've herd it said a million times that the qualifiers are an inexpensive product. If you truly want to be an inexpensive product, then you need to factor in travel expenses for the majority of your customers. Yes there are westside anglers who would rather fish the eastside, but if you want to advertise yourself as inexpensive, then take all factors into account for the best interest of what you stand behind. I've argued this point to death with Russ. I'm with Jordan, why not an open survey? I know we can voice, or send our opinion with a club representative to the bi-annual meetings, and I've done that. I like next years schedule, but this years was ridiculous. 

troy kelly said:

I for one am glad the tbf choose to fish 2/3 of the events on the Westside.  The last thing we need is a predominately eastside circuit. 

Flip flop the last 2 events and I am in!
Keith Brooks said:

June 27-28 Riffe Lake

August 29-30 Potholes

This is a fun draw format series that offers a chance to advance to Divisional and National Championship events at a reasonable cost. Hope to see some new faces next year...

The WSBF Schedule is debated by the board prior to our March meeting in Ellensburg. The dates are set to the last non holiday weekends of April, June, and August and have been for years so others can anticipate when our dates will be for their scheduling. We are the Washington State Bass Federation, and as such try to represent the bass anglers of the whole state. With a schedule of three events it is best to try for two events on one side of the state and one on the other side, alternating each year. While it is true that most of our competitors live on the west side we truly try to be inclusive, while striving for a fun and challenging season. Even though our lakes are proposed and discussed at our March meeting things are never settled until after WDFW conflict resolution, usually adjustments must be made based on available water that does not create new permit conflicts, and Tournament Director discretion. The dates and Lakes I have listed for 2015 have been approved by WDFW. The next WSBF meeting will be in Ellensburg on Sept. 13 and as always we are interested in feedback... 

We fished Riffe in August in 2013, so trying to mix it up, fish different times of the year.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Flip flop the last 2 events and I am in!
Keith Brooks said:

June 27-28 Riffe Lake

August 29-30 Potholes

Whats the ABA schedule look like for next year?

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service