Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I'm sure I am not the only one anxious to see what Gary (NWB), Angie (ABA) or the clubs have put permits in for when it comes to next year's schedule. Consider this a request for a preview of what next year holds... I'd love to see things shook up a bit on both major circuits. 

Views: 1240

Replies to This Discussion

The Club Fish Off will be on the first Sunday in October once again in 2015!

I know everyone has been mentioning the increased fees as a reason for less tournaments, but it doesn't fully make sense to me. It went up approx $75 which is quite a bit for a one year increase, but split that among say just 15 anglers and you have an additional $5. There are ways to make it work.

Our club has seven tournaments in Washington (plus two in Idaho) and haven't applied for 2015 yet. So there will be more on that list. We like to wait to see what else is chosen and schedule around it so people can fish more events.

Tyler,

It increased $70 per permit. From $24 to $94 per permit. That's an increase of 4x. If a club fishes 7 tournaments than you're looking at $658 in permit expenses. Fishing 7 tournaments in 2013 would have cost a club $168. What more are we getting from the state for this 4 fold increase? Maybe it's the principal more than the price. Either way, it's not justifiable for our club. 

Tyler Brinks said:

I know everyone has been mentioning the increased fees as a reason for less tournaments, but it doesn't fully make sense to me. It went up approx $75 which is quite a bit for a one year increase, but split that among say just 15 anglers and you have an additional $5. There are ways to make it work.

Our club has seven tournaments in Washington (plus two in Idaho) and haven't applied for 2015 yet. So there will be more on that list. We like to wait to see what else is chosen and schedule around it so people can fish more events.

Agreed Chad. I wrote the checks to the state for the club and it's ridiculous, but we haven't found a way around it (legally) and we want to schedule as many as we can.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service