Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hey Guys,

I just replaced my old Costa's with a new pair of sunglasses, they are the ones that won the 09 ICAST Sunglasses Award. They are pretty sweet.
www.OldHarborOutfitters.com
-I got the White Marlin
I just wanted to know what Sunglasses and lens colors you guys like and what you think of the Old Harbor Outfitters Glasses?

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

I don't really like the yellow lens (Koenig I think) glasses I have either. I usually use an Ocean Waves amber or backwater green (glass) lenses for sight fishing. For other uses I just use offshore blue lenses. I always buy glass lenses because they are more scratch resistant in my opinion.

Seung Hwang said:
Ron/Chad/anyone else - have you guys compared yellow lenses to greens for sight fishing? Maybe its my eyes, or my glasses, but I haven't felt like yellow to be ideal (at least my Natives) and am being recommended green/moss lenses.
Well Oakley all the way. I have a diffrent pair for every weather condition but if I had to pick one it would probably be the Antix or Monste Dog with a Amber lens. That seems to be the best for all around here. But down south or in eastern Wa I like a dark lens. There are a ton of diffrent ones that really work great. If any one is interested in trying a pair out let me know. I will get ya some to try for a day of fishing.

Brian Bassguy Walters

http://oakley.com/category/465
I have worn Kaenons for a few years now and I really like them. Like a few others have mentioned, the yellow lenses are my favorite for low light conditions and most sight fishing situations.

I can feel my eyesight becoming weaker these past couple years. For those of you that wear glasses and/or contacts, do you have a preference as to wearing contacts and standard polarized sunglasses or prescription polarized sunglasses when fishing? Thanks for the feedback.
I'm an Oakley guy myself. Have always worn Oakley for sports. There is 2 pairs in Banks if anyone is interested?
Maybe the yellow lens glasses I have are called Kaenons like Tag says. I bought them because they were highly recommended by Ron but for some reason they just don't work to well for me.
Tag Watson said:
I have worn Kaenons for a few years now and I really like them. Like a few others have mentioned, the yellow lenses are my favorite for low light conditions and most sight fishing situations.

I can feel my eyesight becoming weaker these past couple years. For those of you that wear glasses and/or contacts, do you have a preference as to wearing contacts and standard polarized sunglasses or prescription polarized sunglasses when fishing? Thanks for the feedback.
i have oakley monster pups. great for ppl with prettEH hair. these are the only ones i can actually wear all day long.

lenses are swapable, but i have the brown polarized ones. i wear them from sun up to sun down, and they are incredible in the rain. i also wear them for sports, and driving of course.

they are easily replacable, and you can oakleys virtually anywhere.

they are great for on and off the lake.
So let me get this straight you have a pair for every weather condition, so you have one for drizzle, one for partially cloudy one for rain one for fog one for sun one for snow damn that must have cost alot of money.... can I borrow some ;)
Brian Bassguy Walters said:
Well Oakley all the way. I have a diffrent pair for every weather condition but if I had to pick one it would probably be the Antix or Monste Dog with a Amber lens. That seems to be the best for all around here. But down south or in eastern Wa I like a dark lens. There are a ton of diffrent ones that really work great. If any one is interested in trying a pair out let me know. I will get ya some to try for a day of fishing.

Brian Bassguy Walters

http://oakley.com/category/465
Ya pretty much. I have a few pairs for snowboarding and then like 7 pairs for fishing. I am really good about glasses and take really good care of them, some are like 5 years old. But to anwser your question, sure any time you can "try" them out. LOL Next tournament let come hollar at me and get ya some. Wow that sounded pretty gangsta. Look online and see if there is a pair you like then let me know.
Sorry I was talking about the money and I don't want to use your glasses I might get koodies!
Ya pretty much. I have a few pairs for snowboarding and then like 7 pairs for fishing. I am really good about glasses and take really good care of them, some are like 5 years old. But to anwser your question, sure any time you can "try" them out. LOL Next tournament let come hollar at me and get ya some. Wow that sounded pretty gangsta. Look online and see if there is a pair you like then let me know.
DAMN!!! I was going to have them hexed, you figued me out. There goes that plan. LOL. Ya money wise they are spendy but I have been with Oakley for a long time and they "help me out" with them. So not as much as you would think and if I had that much I would let ya borrow it, with interest of course, really really high interest

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Sorry I was talking about the money and I don't want to use your glasses I might get koodies!
Tag Watson said:

Tag, I wear contacts and prefer to wear just standard polarized glasses. I don't see why there would be a difference in prescription polarized glasses or standards with contacts. Then again I do get hung up on quit a few lawn ornaments from time to time.
Hey Crumb,

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I was inquiring about wearing contacts or prescription polarized sunglasses, not actually in tandem. However, I wonder if I could see into the water as well as Jr. if I wore contacts and prescription polarized sunglasses at the same time. Highly unlikely....

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service