Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hey guys,

For those who were unable to make it to the Tackle Swap, I wanted to share the finalized versions of the first six colors I will be offering in the TW Jig.  Limit Out Marine will have these in stock by February 1st and the website will be up soon.  You will be able to see the skirt detail and individual colors much better in the hi-res images. 

I have a few neat lure ideas for 2012 if I can find the time to build the prototypes and get some quality field testing in.  Thanks for checking out the jigs.

Views: 3041

Replies to This Discussion

Are you being paid for that remark?

BigBass Dez said:

Tag ,

The finished product looks wonderful man and i cant wait to fill up the T.W Jig Box for the 2012 bass season .

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a few of these baits early last year in exchange for Real feed back on the test samples .Tag and many others already know by now that these jigs absolutely "ROCK" .

Not only are they straight up bass catching magnets , I personaly have already cashed 2 checks this season on these jigs and numbers dont lie folks !!

Upon purchasing these jigs You will quickly notice the high quality materiel used to design each and every bait , and yes they are hand made one at a time  .

I love the fact that you can skipppp these badboyz super easy under docks and The head design worked awesome on wood , rock , etc (lk pot holes field tested and approved) :-)

Mr Watson i Thankyou once again for putting out yet another Amazing product on the market for us bass anglers here in the NW . Just wait untill the guyz in the south find out that anglers here in Washington state are fishing Bigger and Better jigs compared to there "so-called" Mop Jigs ..lol  

Dez "The Sophomore"

Dez "The Rookie" would have said something funny or Sarcastic back at ya Phil ..

Im Not being paid for my comments mentioned aboved Phil , Im simply just being honest and "supportive of our bass community"  was my intent here , but thanks for making sure all my business affairs are legit bro  :-)    Glad to see ya back on the site bud where you been ?

Phil Mehrtens said:

BigBass Dez said:

Tag ,

The finished product looks wonderful man and i cant wait to fill up the T.W Jig Box for the 2012 bass season .

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a few of these baits early last year in exchange for Real feed back on the test samples .Tag and many others already know by now that these jigs absolutely "ROCK" .

Not only are they straight up bass catching magnets , I personaly have already cashed 2 checks this season on these jigs and numbers dont lie folks !!

Upon purchasing these jigs You will quickly notice the high quality materiel used to design each and every bait , and yes they are hand made one at a time  .

I love the fact that you can skipppp these badboyz super easy under docks and The head design worked awesome on wood , rock , etc (lk pot holes field tested and approved) :-)

Mr Watson i Thankyou once again for putting out yet another Amazing product on the market for us bass anglers here in the NW . Just wait untill the guyz in the south find out that anglers here in Washington state are fishing Bigger and Better jigs compared to there "so-called" Mop Jigs ..lol  

Dez "The Sophomore"

Dez you KNOW Iam bustin your chops! I would be VERY interested in purchasing a few of these! Ive been in WESTERN STATE HOSPITAL under going a psychiatric evaulation for the last year!

BigBass Dez said:

Dez "The Rookie" would have said something funny or Sarcastic back at ya Phil ..

Im Not being paid for my comments mentioned aboved Phil , Im simply just being honest and "supportive of our bass community"  was my intent here , but thanks for making sure all my business affairs are legit bro  :-)    Glad to see ya back on the site bud where you been ?

Phil Mehrtens said:

BigBass Dez said:

Tag ,

Dez "The Sophomore"

Well im glad to see your back around Phil ,

I was just talking about you the other day bro , your name came up when i was asked who i fishied jordys first winter wafish tourney with 3 years ago .. Man what a fun day you me and the Kid had , tell him i have a few baits for his Box next time i see him :-) 

Are you coming out to play this saturday or what man ?

I was fortunate enough to get 2 of Tag's jigs early last year I think it was and man was I happy with them.  I couldn't of been happier at the swap meet when I won his Jig set in the raffle too.  Now I see a 6/0 hook is coming, sign me up for a dozen more :-)

Tag,

I can't tell if there are weed guards or rattles in there?

Look forward to giving them a try.

Steve

Dez and Chris,

Thank you very much for the positive comments.  Great to hear you guys had good success with the prototypes.

Steve, these jigs feature what I consider to be the "perfect" weedguard.  No modification is necessary.  The tip of the weedguard passes right by the hook barb when compressed and no thinning out is required prior to fishing.  The weedguard is rigid enough to come through cover nicely, yet has enough suppleness to not impede hook penetration when you set up on a big fish.

This large profile jig displaces enough water and has a substantial enough presence, that I do not believe rattles are necessary under the conditions we would encounter here in the Northwest.  However, I know anglers prefer rattles in certain situations, so I will likely be offering an inexpensive aftermarket kit to easily add quality rattles to the jigs.   

Thank you for the questions and interest!    

"After Market Kit" that is too funny,  love the wording! Maybe you should sale a whole line up of after market kits for your jigs, rattles, shimmer affect kits, rims, tires, the works!

Tag Watson said:

Dez and Chris,

Thank you very much for the positive comments.  Great to hear you guys had good success with the prototypes.

Steve, these jigs feature what I consider to be the "perfect" weedguard.  No modification is necessary.  The tip of the weedguard passes right by the hook barb when compressed and no thinning out is required prior to fishing.  The weedguard is rigid enough to come through cover nicely, yet has enough suppleness to not impede hook penetration when you set up on a big fish.

This large profile jig displaces enough water and has a substantial enough presence, that I do not believe rattles are necessary under the conditions we would encounter here in the Northwest.  However, I know anglers prefer rattles in certain situations, so I will likely be offering an inexpensive aftermarket kit to easily add quality rattles to the jigs.   

Ha ha, it was a long day at the office.  Loving the shimmer effect kit.  I think the rattles will be the only accessory item.  Last thing I want to do is make jig fishing any more complicated than it needs to be. 

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

"After Market Kit" that is too funny,  love the wording! Maybe you should sale a whole line up of after market kits for your jigs, rattles, shimmer affect kits, rims, tires, the works!

Tag Watson said:

Dez and Chris,

I too was lucky enough to field test these. The results proved these jigs rock. The painted heads are sweet. The material is HIGH quality. There is nothing better on the market. If you want a quality jig this is it. The colors are straight up amazing. The detail that went into these is outstanding. I cant wait to get my hands on a few more with some of the new colors added. Especially with that new 6/0 hook. If you need a big bite or want a quality jig look no farther.

DO those things even sink... HAHA

Man for the time you must have into tying each jig I would think they would be up around $20. There is a reason the "other" jigs look so thin. They take way less time to tie.

Hey there, Ben.  Hope all is well.

Due to the bulk of these jigs, they certainly have a slower fall for their weight.  That's why I will be offering 1/2 oz., 3/4 oz. and 1 oz. sizes exclusively.  I wanted them to have plenty of bulk and length out of the package, because you can always trim the skirt's length or thin out some of the living rubber strands to fit the conditions.  The jigs have a unique, subtle "wave" action on the fall due to the amount of water displaced by the full-bodied skirt.  A feature that triggers bites.

No question, these jigs are labor intensive to tie and they use several times more skirt material than any other jig I have seen on the market.  However, I want them to be as affordable and reasonably priced as possible, considering the quality components, time and material that go into each jig.  They will retail at Limit Out Marine for around $7.99 each.  A great value in my opinion, considering the second jig from the right in the photo retails for $5.00.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.      

Ben Holten said:

DO those things even sink... HAHA

Man for the time you must have into tying each jig I would think they would be up around $20. There is a reason the "other" jigs look so thin. They take way less time to tie.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service