Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hey guys, this board is getting a little boring, I want something to read!  This post is all about your favorite couple fishing memories that you have made over this last year as 2011 winds down, I have been reflecting about all the fish caught and memories I have made over the past year.  So lets hear them.....how you fell in the water, you caught your PB, you caught the most or just a outing that was special....basically the fishing adventure that you will never forget! 

Views: 2704

Replies to This Discussion

My best memories from 2011 are the following:

1) Getting to spend some quality time with my 98 year old grandfather in Texas.

2) Finally making the TBF Divisional team by winning the last tournament on Silver Lake - had practiced two weeks prior to the event and only caught one keeper. Was not real confident in catching a big bag. First two hours of the Silver qualifier no takers. Then decided to run to the west end where I knew there was a log sitting in 5 feet of water-pitched my jig to it twice and on the third pitch stuck a 2 lber, moved the boat 10 feet to the left and pitched my jig to another log that was visible probably 15 times and on the 16th pitch stick a 3-1/2 lber, move 25 feet to the left and skip my jig under a tree and stick another 2 lber. Hit two other spots close to there with no takers. Decide to move to Streeters docks and after my partner attempts to pitch under a dock after several tries I asked him if he was done trying. He says yes and I skip my jig from like 30 feet away about 8 feet under the dock and stick my 4th fish - 2lber. We try other docks close with no takers. I then move towards Streeters and find a log partially submerged and pitch to it and stick a 5.48. Feeling pretty good with 5 fish in the livewell by 930 and about 15 lbs. Then my partner says lets go hit the docks on the island, I say ok and just before arriving to the island decide to go hit the beaver hut on the north shoreline. Get there and let my backseater take the front while I sit back and have a sandwich for 20 minutes. I watch him pitch to cover without a strike and said to myself there is no way that there is not a fish in this cover so I get up and pitch my jig and proceed to cull 4 fish just over 3lbs each. I finished with 18.06 for the win,big fish, and first place overall in the series.

I had some great experiences to relate, but after seeing Mike's Ohop trip I need to make a better effort.

ciao,

Marc

I am so glad your back!

Clif Kincaid said:

Phildo taught everything he knows to Russ...including...family edit
My best memories came from supporting the "Soldier Fishing" event. Then the many smiles of children combined with the thanks of parents at the "Fishing Kids" event on Lake Washington. The greatest thrill was after a great day with a special kid was being able to be able to present Jim Owens of CAST for Kids a check for $725. There is joy in our sport that feels good to share with others.

My Dad and I fished a tournament together. I had a pretty good spot to go. We ended up weighing 26.72 pounds and won. My dad caught a personal best smallmouth 4.5 pounds and a personal best largemouth of over 5 pounds that weekend. At the award ceremony I ask my Dad when the last time he won a trophy. He said over 40 years ago when he was in high school. It was one of those days where everything went well. I think by around 10 we had about 23 pounds and sat down and had lunch.

I grew up fishing SM down in the Tri-Cities and have always felt like more of a smallmouth guy. In our club we have a trophy for the largest smallmouth and I have always wanted to win it. Every year I catch 10 or so in the 5 pound class but could never get a 6.

I work shift work, which is a pretty good gig if you like the outdoors. I was out fishing before work. The wife joined me. We pulled up on a spot. I was bed fishing. I could see the fish on the bed, but didn't think much of it. I hook the fish, and as it was close to the boat I started losing it. I am telling me wife that's a 6. She asks if I want her to net it...uhm NO. It weighs 6.45 pounds, and I ended up getting big smallmouth of the year for the club.

thanks to everyone for sharing their stories, all of them are great, I think with each story I think we ran the gammet of emotion, from compassion to I guess passion!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service