Mayfield – 1,125
Merwin – 2,045
Newman – 600
Silver 250
Tapps – 600

Note that Tapps is being stocked again.

Views: 504

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome news - thanks for the update Don!

How big are the fish that are being stocked?
Twelve to fourteen inches. The survivors of the 2017 stocking should reach a catchable size (low to mid-30 inches) in the 2019 season and be really nice fish about 4-5 years from now.
Interesting, only 5200 total..why the smaller amount of fish? And, any other lakes being studied for possible fisheries?

Don't know. No near-term prospect of more tiger muskie lakes. Several were considered in recent years, but ran into objections, usually salmonids. In WDFW's view, tiger muskies and salmonids don't mix. At one point, Jack Tipping proposed Lake Washington, but that idea got no traction within WDFW whatsoever. We probably have to be content with the lakes we already have for the foreseeable future. In light of recent events at Lake Tapps, I think we should focus our current efforts on keeping that lake on the stocking list.

I talked to a bio that was at tapps on Saturday. There were 600 tigers planted last week Tuesday. I too asked about future plants. He was thinking maybe 600 next year. At Tapps. Or possibly every other year. Heard a rumour of a stop in the tiger plant completely. ITS NOT TRUE!!! The bigger lakes, ie Mayfield and Merwin will get a bigger plant.The other current lakes will be stocked accordingly. The program is live and doing well. The bio at Tapps is basically doing fish counts by asking the fishermen how many, what species and how many hours on the water. He will be there on the water and sitting near the launch. He will be out there throughout the summer.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service