Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

2016 Club Fish Off Tournament is going to be held on Saturday October 8th on lake Washington. The lake is off limits from Monday through Friday prior. Registration will begin at 6AM. Launching from Gene Coulon in Renton. The entry fee is the same as the past $250 per club.  80% payback. We will likely payout 1 in 3. Hopefully we get at least 6 clubs this year! Each club can only field 5 boats and a maximum of ten anglers. Remember a club that can only field 3 boats is just as capable of winning like North End did last year.

In addition to the Club Fish off we have decided to enhance this tournament to include other anglers by opening up the old big stringer pot to teams that aren't members of clubs. This years big stringer option pot is actually going to function as a separate open tournament that anybody is welcome to participate in. The entry fee will be $80 per team and that will also pay back 80%. There will still be a $10 big fish option pot for everyone as well. We felt since there was no open being held on Lake Washington this October we wanted to give teams a chance to compete even if they aren't affiliated with a club. Lastly keep in mind that the outcome of the Club Fish Off is not at all impacted by the results of those teams that are not members of clubs. Feel free to contact me with questions.  Pass on the word about this please!

Views: 1250

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds awesome!
Great idea opening it up. Lake washington is a blast this time of year. I'll be there.

P.J.

Could WAFISH be considered a club and field up to 5 boats of some of its members? The rule would be that the anglers could not be affilitated with any club in Washington. What do you think?

I have had a discussion about the "club" aspect Jeff brings up. To be honest I don't see any way to make being a member of a fishing social media site (wafish) a club when compared to what we use as a definition for a Bass fishing club. Now if a group of teams that fish NWBass approached me and said do we qualify as a club I would have a hard time turning them away. They pay a membership fee and fish a series of tournaments together throughout the season. The organization of NW bass does charitable things for the tournament fishing community...I feel absolute about this because by opening it up to everyone I see no reason to flex in the club aspect especially if I feel its not appropriate.
I don't disagree. Just thought it would be fun to see how a bunch of nonclubbers could do against awesome club guys. I'm sure the Wafish guys would donate any $ to Wafish if they were lucky enough to win some. This site supports charity events and clubs through its communication tools. Thanks for allowing the open though!!!! That should be fun.
So PJ you are saying that if those who fished ABA, NWB or BBT could fish as a team?
I don't know as much about BBT but yes Jordan I Believe when you look at the fundamental characteristics of clubs ABA and NW Bass qualify. It cannot be a combined team even tho I know many guys fish a couple or all of those circuits. There could be a NW Bass team and an ABA team. In my mind NW Bass/ABA are pretty much a club that you pay to be a member of that hosts much higher dollar tournaments in a team format.

I just want to clarify that since I have not been approached by anybody that was actually assembling an ABA or NW Bass team to fish in the club fish off we are now closing the window on that opportunity. Anyone is obviously welcome to fish in the open section of the event.  We want to preserve the integrity of the Club fish off format and make sure our usual clubs are not getting the wrong idea.

P.J., Thanks for your help with putting this tournament on and I look forward to fishing it this year with the Castmasters Bass Club. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday! Reminder we will be having a raffle after the awards. This year we have fewer prizes but we got some VERY NICE items from 3 Rivers Marine, Nixon's Marine and Limit Out Marine!

Don't miss out we are going to have a great time tomorrow come and fish. I am counting on a  WBA top showing. As Russell Wilson says why not us ! Some one needs to start some trash talking! The added open side portion of tournament will be a lot of fun. Clubs choosing not to fish are missing out on my favorite tournament and a great time for clubs to compete head to head competition.

I would like to thank everyone for coming out and braving the wind and rain this past Saturday.  We had a very good turnout of 5 clubs and I believe 29 boats total. This is always a fun event and I can say we will continue to try and improve our efficiency with running it. As we mentioned we had some very generous contributions from 3 Rivers Marine, Nixon's Marine, and Limit Out Marine.  These are all very good local tackle shops and boat dealers.  If you get a chance check them out! See you all next year or this winter at one of the tournaments!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service