Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

NorthwestBass-Championship-Heavy

9/18/16 – Aaron Echterncamp and David Kromm win the two-day championship event with a total of 40.3 lbs.

Day 1 PhotosDay 2 Photos

RICHLAND, WA – The contrast in weather from Saturday’s gloomy skies made all the difference in having big fish show up on the scales in Sunday’s Finale.

Aaron Echterncamp and David Kromm put together a 2 day total of over 40 lbs to win the 2016 Northwest Bass Championship. Their Sunday stringer was second best on the day, weighing 21.52 lbs.

The heaviest bag of the day was brought in by 3rd place team, Jeff McBroom and Loren English. Their 22.95 lbs, won big stringer for the tournament – the events single largest stringer of fish.

Day one leaders, Robert Reid and Donny Biagi fell back to 9th with a 12.48 lb. bag, but got a piece of the big fish prize money, catching the tournaments largest bass – a smallmouth weighing 5.51.

With the win, Echterncamp and Kromm get their choice of a Ranger or Triton boat, the tournaments major corporate sponsor.

Northwest Bass is the premier tournament circuit in Washington and Oregon with four qualifying tournaments hosted on four different bodies of water and a championship event in 2016. We’d like to thank our many sponsors, anglers, and staff who make this Bass tournament circuit truly great!

Northwest Bass Championship 2016
Date: 9/18/16

Winning Team: Aaron Echterncamp – David Kromm
Fish: 5
Total Weight: 40.3 lbs

Day 1 Big Fish: Robert Reid – Donny Biagi
Weight: 5.51

Day 2 Big Fish: Ronald Mace – Shawn McConville
Weight: 5.46

Views: 591

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, great stringers!

I grew up down there, but never had a boat. It still amazes me that those fish were there right under my nose for twenty years and I never really tapped into the resource beyond some limited success from the bank.

I would like to extend my hand shake to Aaron Echternkamp and Dave Kromm. I watched both of you put on a clinic right in front of Steve and I. Good job men.

What the rest of you don't realize, Aaron was fishing this tournament with a lot on his mind. Aaron's father Warren has been fighting cancer. Warren is my personal friend and I love him dearly, he has been like a father and a best friend.

I would appreciate that all of WAFISH would focus their energy on the greatest man I've ever had the pleasure to call my friend "MR. WARREN ECHTERNKAMP". I love you BIG W, I'm betting on you my friend, you are the best. 

Thank you for putting that in perspective Dana.  It was one thing to be in awe of catching 20lbs per day in post frontal conditions in 3ft chop all day long.  To have dedicated the effort to an ailing family member and still execute it is something to behold. 

Very impressive as well was Boomer/Bryan at 19+lbs each day.   To me the fishing was insanely difficult, and when conditions get tough you figure out who the real deal is.

We lost a great one yesterday. Really going to miss you "Big W".

Dana Steiner said:

I would like to extend my hand shake to Aaron Echternkamp and Dave Kromm. I watched both of you put on a clinic right in front of Steve and I. Good job men.

What the rest of you don't realize, Aaron was fishing this tournament with a lot on his mind. Aaron's father Warren has been fighting cancer. Warren is my personal friend and I love him dearly, he has been like a father and a best friend.

I would appreciate that all of WAFISH would focus their energy on the greatest man I've ever had the pleasure to call my friend "MR. WARREN ECHTERNKAMP". I love you BIG W, I'm betting on you my friend, you are the best. 

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service