The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Tagging on to Jordon's post re/ABA I offer the tentative 2013 NWB schedule

April 13  Banks Lake

May 4th  Nixons Mose Lake Invitational

May 18    Roosevelt or Bordman

June 8    Potholes

July  6    Tricities

September 21-22 Championship Tri-cities

Please  note that there are only 4 qualifiers this year.  Further, we will be presenting the 2013 Champions with one of 5 major bass boat brands.  Yep its a mystery for now.

In addition to the above schedule NWB and ABA North Idaho (AKA Stilen and Stew) will be teaming up with Strike King to host a May CDA Open.

This is just a peak at a small part of what this year might look like for NWB. Nothing is cast in stone at this time.   I will say this, however, change is in the air and this year is shaping up to be rather fantastic! 

As is always the case my friend Mr. Larry Williams and I will be working together to resolve any conflicts. 

Stilen out.

Views: 558

Replies to This Discussion

I'll fish it however you schedule it Gary but personally wouldn't be horribly excited about three trips to the river. Can't wait till April.....

Shawn

Thanks for the input.  With the Sandpoil now open in May, I am leaning towards Roosevelt.  With just four qualifiers, I am  trying to open up a large chuck of summer for anglers to spend time doing things with family or other organizations.  Again, at this point, nothing is cast in stone.  Thanks for your support, you too D.J.!!

Stilen

P.S. Thanks to both of you for serving as the official Triton Merc H.Q. at last years championship!!  You have to admit, it was kind of funny!

Shawn O'Connell said:

I'll fish it however you schedule it Gary but personally wouldn't be horribly excited about three trips to the river. Can't wait till April.....

Looks good Gary.  I have to agree with Shawn that going down to the Tri-Cities/Boardman area 3 times would be a little much.  I really hope you choose Roosevelt.  It would be nice to fish that piece of water at a different time of year.  I also really like the idea of no tournaments in August.  That make my life a lot easier trying to plan a vacation.  Like Shawn said though, either way looking forward to it. 

I will always fish the schedule regardless of how it is scheduled. That being said I want to see turnouts as big as possible. I don't want to beat a dead horse but the schedule results on your website CLEARLY show that a tournament on the river in June produces 30% more boats on average than does an event held in July. On the other hand there is almost no difference in turnout for Potholes wheter held in June vs July.

I'm not a nuclear engineer and have not recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express but it seems pretty obvious that June Tri-cities= good turnout July= crap turnout. Potholes good either way.

But is there anything funner than Potholes in June?  Not for me.  I love that lake. 

Josh Potter said:

I will always fish the schedule regardless of how it is scheduled. That being said I want to see turnouts as big as possible. I don't want to beat a dead horse but the schedule results on your website CLEARLY show that a tournament on the river in June produces 30% more boats on average than does an event held in July. On the other hand there is almost no difference in turnout for Potholes wheter held in June vs July.

I'm not a nuclear engineer and have not recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express but it seems pretty obvious that June Tri-cities= good turnout July= crap turnout. Potholes good either way.

Let's face it, the schedule sucks! People don't want to drive far. So to accomodate the majority of the anglers, here is my proposal:

Feb-Lake Washington

March-Lake Washington

April-Lake Washington

May-Lake Washington "Canals Closed"

September "Championship"- only top 10 in points get to compete on Green Lake "electric only"

Now that's funny right there!!!!!! Nice!!!! 

Personally I would rather see it on Boardman in August, with so many tournaments in the spring and practice anglers will be going non-stop for 6 weekends in a row.  As an angler that has to travel from Portland, OR., thats enough gas money to break a guy.  Having an event every month makes it a bit easier on the pocket book, and I'm sure others family situations.  

Economy, money, and other options for nearby tournaments really dropped the turn out last year.  By narrowing the qualifiers to 4 along with the Moses Invitational should help turnout going forward. However, 4 events in a 2 month span still contains the burden that I believe you were trying to avoid.  My 2 cents sound like they're borrowed from China, but I would love to see NW circuit like the ones 4 years ago.  Either way Gary I'll always do my best to support you guys.  

Gary Stiles said:

Shawn

Thanks for the input.  With the Sandpoil now open in May, I am leaning towards Roosevelt.  With just four qualifiers, I am  trying to open up a large chuck of summer for anglers to spend time doing things with family or other organizations.  Again, at this point, nothing is cast in stone.  Thanks for your support, you too D.J.!!

Stilen

P.S. Thanks to both of you for serving as the official Triton Merc H.Q. at last years championship!!  You have to admit, it was kind of funny!

Shawn O'Connell said:

Regarding Roosevelt, here is my $0.02, I would swap with that May 4th or Sept 22nd date. Here is my reasoning...

Around end of April early May you get much bigger fish on crankbaits here, by end of may you will be doing what happens most the summer "culling dinks". I think its related to water elevation more than anything, early May is when it typically starts to come up.  End of April I bet you could see some 20# bags come out of here.

The end of Sept / First of October the big girls come back out to party here, this October I caught some of the biggest fish I have ever boated here (4's). I'm gonna go out tomorrow and see what late Oct bite is like :)

That early season crankbait bite would be some fun stuff to watch, I don't fish tournaments but I would go down to the weigh in to see all the sore arms!

No matter what, good luck to all.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service