Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

The priority deadline for tournament applications is less than one month away. The WDFW has added a $70 application fee per permit in addition to the $24. So if your club has 5 tournaments your going to be paying nearly $500 for permits. Most of the tournaments put on in this state are hosted by non profit organizations. With that said, has anyone contacted the WDFW about waving the $70 application fees for their tournaments, or are all the clubs just planning on conducting "fish-ins"?

Views: 427

Replies to This Discussion

There were rumors that Bruce from WDFW was trying to get the added $70 fee as a one time fee for submitting permits.  I just went and looked at the contest_permit_app.pdf found on the WDFW website.  It looks like that will not be the case.

NOTE: Fee of ninetyfour dollars ($24.00 permit fee + $70.00 application fee = $94 check or money order) is to be enclosed with this application. If application is denied, the permit fee will be refunded.

By the way this bill was sponsored by Senator Hargrove from Hoquiam "Democrat.....shocker." This Senate Bill wasn't supposed to go into effect until 28 July, and we can get submit our permit apps starting 1 July, yet the application's already have the $70 surcharge attached on the WDFW site. Some how that math doesn't add up.

I contacted Bruce Baker today. I thought I found a loophole in the Senate Bill, but I was mistaken. Those of you submitting permit applications will have to pay the additional $70. This state sucks!

We have are lakes picked and are going to pay the $70. Here are the lakes 4-27 American, 5-18 Tapps,7-27 Riffe, 8-24 Washington, 9-28 Stevens and I hope this prevents two clubs that do not exceed the boat limit for the lake applying and both paying the $70 + $24.

There really is no LOGICAL reason that a club should need to ask permission to the State to hold an event on public water.

It would be interesting to find out if there is a decline in tournament applications.Simple economics would say the more something costs, the less you will sell. Other than being in compliance with the law, what "return" is there for the permit fee? Couple this, with the battle Gary Stiles had with the Department of Revenue, License Fees, the additional charge for the Discover Pass and you can see that the State is only worrying about squeezing as many dollars out of us as possible. 

I hope my club decides to only do "Fish-Ins".....

The nice thing with doing that, is that there is no follow up reporting necessary, and it's our chance to put a stick in the eye of bureaucrats!

We at WBC have teamed with WBA. Western will pull 4 permits not the full 7 allowed. We are fishing joint points tournaments with one set of trophies and each club will track it's club members standing within their club.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service