Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

If you only could choose two swimbaits to have in your tackle box for Washington lakes, what would they be including size and color?

Views: 3738

Replies to This Discussion

T-Dot, what is a deps, slide swimma or river2sea kong?

Hey Jeff,

The River2Sea Kong is pictured above.  Great lures but they are tough to find.  They are discontinued but can be purchased on eBay or on swimbait forum classifieds.

The Deps Slide Swimmer 250 is pictured above.  Like T-Dot said, they are very difficult to get your hands on.  It is a score if you can find one for under $175. 

The Kong perch I have "you gave me" needs some of that!!! I bet its sad in my garage.

Thanks for the info. All of them look awesome. I've never thrown a swimbait but will dedicate next year to trying to figure them out. How big was the smallie?

Tag is on point! They are discontinued. At the time they were on of the best (in my opinion) joint swimbaits. I was fascinated with the rattle. Believe it or not I would throw these in the pads. Caught a ton of fish with it for 3+ years. Even club big fish of the year, and a tourney too on this bait.

:)

Once it was discontinued, I felt the need to move on. I no longer wanted to throw a bait I could no replace.

Dean can attest to how much this lure punished him in the boat.

... Butta on the other hand - well it punished him too. HA! That one I will never eva eva forget!

Hi Jeff, that picture was from 6-1/2 years ago so I can't remember the size of the smallie.  However, I do remember my buddy and I caught several really nice swimbait smallmouth after work that evening. 

You wanna sling some baits locally? I'm game..I'm learning also. Hit me up anytime!!!
... Now to truly answer your question (as I see you will be new to swimbaits), go with the tried and true Huddleston and Triple Trout. Big bait proven, but will also catch the little guys.

Won't break the bank and you can find them new and used everywhere.

My choice is the Triple Trout. I prefer to throw hard baits over soft baits when I can. That bait caught me February and March fish!

GL!

Thanks!!

Dez,

By custom color do you mean you paint them yourself? I'm looking on line an not sure which color to get.

BigBass Dez said:

KGM TW Swimmer kokanee color  (smallies) & The 6" Triple Trout custom color SB (Largies)

This will get good now...

Jeff Fancher said:

Dez,

By custom color do you mean you paint them yourself? I'm looking on line an not sure which color to get.

BigBass Dez said:

KGM TW Swimmer kokanee color  (smallies) & The 6" Triple Trout custom color SB (Largies)

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service