Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Views: 2399

Replies to This Discussion

I vaguely remember participating in one of those up at the Championship at Banks with a Spiderman fishing rod......and an empty half rack box.

Jake Boomer said:

The final event will be a pitching competition - 1/2oz jig, old beer mug, 30 yards...  Hobb's will buy dinner to whoever can beat him 2/3....

Surprised a beer mug was chosen. Would have guessed a wine bottle!!

Grimes was part of the original, "Pitch for Dinner" Challenge.  And a Spiderman rod was the weapon of choice.  I've attached proof of this original challenge.  You may notice some familiar faces. 

An important note:  Although there was a winner of the original Pitching Challenge, the winner of the  Boat Tournament is not shown in this picture.

The distance at which the challenge takes place is variable.  It usually grows in parallel with the duration of the event (time of night.) 

Attachments:

As I recall, the original version included rules that changed each round.....but I would think that by now that the rules have been ironed out a bit. HAHA It was fun though.

JEff

Jake Boomer said:

Grimes was part of the original, "Pitch for Dinner" Challenge.  And a Spiderman rod was the weapon of choice.  I've attached proof of this original challenge.  You may notice some familiar faces. 

An important note:  Although there was a winner of the original Pitching Challenge, the winner of the  Boat Tournament is not shown in this picture.

The distance at which the challenge takes place is variable.  It usually grows in parallel with the duration of the event (time of night.) 

Had a great time today at Limit Out. If you weren't there you missed out. The guest speakers were great and shared a lot of great information. Thanks and tight lines!

Sorry I had to miss this one.  Had to go into work to catch up on some stuff.  I pretty bummed because I was really looking forward to this one.  

We want to say a big "Thank You" for all those who attended our bass seminar and grand opening today. It was a very fun event and we look forward to seeing all of you guys in the future for our upcoming seminar series.

Hopefully each one of you that attended picked up an idea or two on how to catch for more and bigger fish.

Chris and I want to personally thank our speakers Jake Boomer, Ron Hobbs, and Mark Maderos for sharing their valued information to us.

Thanks again for all of you who support this business and we are always ears when it comes to what you want us to stock for your tackle needs.

Limit Out Marine

I've had a few calls on the "Percentage Triangle" theory from my seminar.  The original creator of the theory was Seth Burrill from AXFishing.com.  It's a great way to look at fish migrations, and helps focus on the larger specimens we chase.

If you guys want to watch it, goto http://www.anglers-experience.com/v_archive.php?type=dvd and watch "Secrets to finding Big Fish" (it's free.)  A similar version to this theory is what Brandon Palaniuk teaches at the Bass University. 

Also, thanks to all the guys that showed up.  We had a blast.  It was the first time I got to meet guys like Berto, Ferry (clowns, but funny ones), and a large number of others I can't name (I am horrible with names.)  Shame on Bess for ditching us, but we had fun without you.  Hobbs didn't want you there anyways!!!

Thanks to Baker and the boys for their hospitality. 

P.S.  Next time, the pitching contest will be concluded BEFORE dinner.

- j.boomer 

Thanks guys...limit out put on a great show...a Boomer I'd love to show your PowerPoint to my club!

Send me you email address..

Next time I hope Jake does a seminar on how to make a bad ass power point seminar! Did anyone learn anything by any of the seminars, I know I did!

yeah im mad at myself for missing it :( anyways, i placed an order thru Fisher Brothers, so I'll be by next week sometime to pick them up

David

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service