Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Figure I'll make this a collective of 2011 fishing reports for  Lake Tapps

Views: 1643

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the 43x19 from last week. Caught on a perch pattern super shad rap.

Water temps peaked at 70

4th of July Musky, 35.25" on a bucktail on the 5th cast of the morning. Got a 27" later in the morning but left at 10:30 when it got too busy out there. Mike.
Fished Tapps today. From 11 am till 6. Met Harry out there. Had a dead big motor  battery 1st thing. That was a sign..finaggled a battery from the trolling motor and was off. Didnt see a fish. Thought after the wind came up it would improve. All that did was blow me off the lake. Oh well..better than doing more yard work. Be out again on Sunday. Water temp got up to 70 degrees now. Still no active fish. I miss Merwin! lol

Told ya I'd be back out there. When I retire from my day job I am going to become a weatherman. Wrong 90 % of the time and its ok..

Hit Tapps about 10 am ish and put a musky in the net at 11:50 amish..Not Ahmish, a.m.ish..anyway got a very nice 43 x 18 Musky to hit one of my Dad's handmade, homemade Verne's Tinseltail. worked wonders in Wisconsin and works beautifully here too. Fat fish. good fight. And a very nice spit the hook in the Frabil at boatside. Sorry for the shoddy pics. Was by myself. Can handle netting a fish by myself..Pictures with the fish, not so much..

Pretty good bite going on at Tapps. Last week I picked up a 34 and sub 30. Went out today with Todd and my boy,we netted 3 tigers in 4 hours with a few follows and one lost. My brain is partially fried but I believe two tigers were 31 and 36. I'll post some pics later. Also bs'd with a buddy that is fishing Newman,sounds like that lake is pretty hot too.
Here's a 40" from last friday, also got a 31"....both on a bucktail. Mike.
Right on Mike, good to see some nice tigers coming out of there. I'm back in the rut of catching small tigers again,hit Tapps Sunday evening and caught a sub 30,I'm guessing mid 20's and thats about it but I suppose I'll take a small tiger over nothing at all.

WARNING-Proud Dad boasting

Heres the pics I was going to post while fishing with Todd and my boy,my son assisted in the reeling effort. He's now beyond nickname and raffle status. Thanks Todd for getting my boy and I over some fish....something we'll never forget.

Spent about 5 hours on the ol' wreck-ree-ate-in' lake today. No muskies in the net today but I did see 2 of the biggest muskies I have ever seen in this metro lake. I had thought all the big fish had disapeared from the lake. Good to see some big girls around again. Had a hot follow from a 40" fish. Couldn't get her to hit me at the boat but kept her around she followed me around for 3 big loops. Then she camped under my boat for a bit..then she left me. Did manage to get 15 smallies biggest was 15" inches. Shuda kept a few. Released all of the smallies. Good times in the sunshine..see ya on the water, Todd
Fished Tapps yesterday(Sunday)evening for about 3 hours,didn't see any tigers but did see loads of fish fry,of which included smallies,perch and closer to shore,tons of rock bass. Might have to take my boy up there in a day or two and fish some of the perch holes.

First report ever on only my second Tiger trip. Todd was nice enough to take me out on the boat around Tapps for a few hours today and it was MUCH more than expected.

Hit the water just before 7AM and hit the area right around the boat launch. Nothing to speak of there except for tailing carp and a follow or two from some smallies.  Made a move to the next area about 30 minutes later but only fished there for like 20 minutes. Water was 68 degrees there and it looked a little beat up from the previous days' boaters. Crank up the engine and it's off to spot #3.

Todd suggested making a change in bait, so I went from a gold blade/black and green bucktail to a silver blade with red tail.  Fished the shore drop off for about 150 yards and made our way to a point. Todd mentioned that he had seen a 40+ there in previous trips that gave him the fin and nothing more. Make the turn on the point, chuck the bucktail up close to the retaining wall and the pole almost comes out of my hand. Strike back and the fight is on. Honestly, a very good fight considering the fish was only 31x10. (pic 1) But it's my very first Tiger and I'm very happy with it.

If it was the only fish I saw all day, I would be good with it......but it wasn't.

Move basically 200 yards across to another shore and work that one to the point. BANG...fish on. 34x10 I would guess. No measurement as he didn't like the net nor did he like the bucktail hanging from his top lip. Full body explosion from the water and he literally threw the bucktail in my face. I had to duck and pull the rod straight in the air to avoid large hooks in the face. BTW...did I mention that these fish are extremely cool looking?

Make yet another move to another shoreline. This one had slightly more weeds and scattered stumps. Todd actually sees a fish come up and starts a figure 8 at the boat as I'm still on my retrieve. As he pulls his bucktail up, mine is going through the zone. Fish comes up from under the boat and annihilates my bucktail. Put this one in the net and it's a 29x10. (Pic 2) 2/3 in the net....damn...are you serious? I know this isn't how musky fishing is.

One more move...one more shore to point work....one more musky. Small 27x9 that was lured by a loop at the boat and took it full charge.

Huge thanks to Todd for putting me on some fish and successful hook ups. Insane is the only way to describe it. I think I've been converted from bass fishing.....NAH!!!!  But I will look forward to everytime I get a chance to tangle with one of these. Next goal.....40+.

Attachments:
Actually too much info there Sammy! Remember we used worms and bobbers..lol You are welcome aboard anytime! See ya pal..and BTW..that salmon is delicious thanks man!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service