Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

This is an awesome opportunity for someone to shine. I will set up Randy with baits and a rod to take home. I will also show up and send you guys off with snacks, lunch, water or what ever i can do to make this huge for Randy. 

So what ever we have to do i am 200% behind helping to make this happen. One thing though is if is to happen this weekend i need to know before Thursday because of NW BASS this Saturday. After Sunday i am free. So if we can wait until next week were golden. i can show up anytime.

Dan Johnson

Views: 268

Replies to This Discussion

I will donate the 4" Senkos, Gamakatsu Hooks, and QuickDrops dropshot weights. Let me know an address and I will box them up and mail them ASAP. They will work well and are easy to fish!

ciao,
Marc Marcantonio
www.MarcMarcantonioBassPro.com
Hi Joanne,
please keep me posted ! if this is going to happen Friday i will need to know so i can meet somehow with somebody at Newport today or tomorrow. Friday AM i am out of town for the weekend as i posted. I want to go down and get Randy outfitted with his own rod and reel.

Joanne Greco said:
Randy lives in Gig Harbor and I live in Federal Way. I would pick up Randy and take him to where ever we'll launch. If you need any ore information, I'll provide it. I will know by tomorrow what day I can get Randy out.
great kzoo please keep me posted on your progress with arrangements and your attempt to contact the Little's i will call them this AM at an acceptable time. i want to be able to meet you or the Littles with baits and a rig and what ever else i can come up with for Randy. like i said i am on the road early Friday AM but am available all day today and tomorrow.

kzoo said:
Wow this would probably be his best bet due to his mobility. Maybe we can make this a joint venture. I could provide rods and tackle and knowledge of the lake, i launch out of newport as well and strictly fish the east channel.

Logan Little said:
We have a 20' fishing pontoon that is moored at the Newport Yacht Basin. We are more than happy to take Randy and his family out on our boat. We can fit all of them. We are available Wednesday and Friday after 4:00 pm and all weekend. We have everything that is needed for fishing but luck. We haven't been extremely lucky this year but it seems the SMB and perch are finally getting into a pattern with the improving weather. We are more than willing to take any resident experts who could possibly make this as enjoyable as possible for Randy. We have a Lowrance GPS/fish finder and everything else that is needed but somebody to help us make this an enjoyable experience as far as catching. If nobody is availale we will give it our best shot. Tom, Logan and Janice. thomaslittle07@comcast.net.....425-558-9773
I see the ball is rolling. I'm at work right now but Janice and Logan are off for the summer. Let us know what we can do to help. 425-558-9773
Joanne is an old freind of mine on the internet and though I am not a big angler myself... mackerel of the back of a sailing boat for a fresh supper... I must *curtsy* to the great Gentlemen and Ladies on this site for your awesome response to my friends appeal. You do not realise what a great deal this means to Joanne, her Grandson, and those of us who love her. From the bottom of my heart I thank you all...
Sara D it is a pleasure we will make this happepn !

SaraD said:
Joanne is an old freind of mine on the internet and though I am not a big angler myself... mackerel of the back of a sailing boat for a fresh supper... I must *curtsy* to the great Gentlemen and Ladies on this site for your awesome response to my friends appeal. You do not realise what a great deal this means to Joanne, her Grandson, and those of us who love her. From the bottom of my heart I thank you all...
Thank you Tom, Janice and Logan for the offer to take Randy, Malia (his sister) and I out. Thank you to everyone who has responded to make this a happy day for Randy. We will be going out on Sunday with Tom, Janice and Logan.

Dan, next week may be too late for Randy to enjoy this trip, so we need to do this very soon. Randy is losing significant function every day. He has less than a month left and I think even less than that at the speed things are going now. When I first wrote to you 3 days ago, he was able to walk with some effort, but he did it. Now he can only stand and take 1 or 2 steps. His vision is getting worse and he is more forgetful. He's lost his bladder control and now has a permanent catheter in. His affected arm and leg have just started to turn purple. He still can use his right side, but is having some swelling now. He will be safe and well enough to go on the boat Sunday and with help, even bring in a fish.

Brain cancer reacts differently than other cancers. Sometimes people are walking and talking a week before they pass. I'm still having a hard time accepting this, but I know in my heart he won't get better. My heartfelt thanks to all of you for making this a day I will never forget with my grandson. Randy is really looking forward to this too.
It would be nice to be a joint venture. I would like to meet all of you wonderful people. Maybe anyone who would like to come, we can all go as a small group, but that would be up to the Littles. We still have 3 days left

kzoo said:
Wow this would probably be his best bet due to his mobility. Maybe we can make this a joint venture. I could provide rods and tackle and knowledge of the lake, i launch out of newport as well and strictly fish the east channel.

Logan Little said:
We have a 20' fishing pontoon that is moored at the Newport Yacht Basin. We are more than happy to take Randy and his family out on our boat. We can fit all of them. We are available Wednesday and Friday after 4:00 pm and all weekend. We have everything that is needed for fishing but luck. We haven't been extremely lucky this year but it seems the SMB and perch are finally getting into a pattern with the improving weather. We are more than willing to take any resident experts who could possibly make this as enjoyable as possible for Randy. We have a Lowrance GPS/fish finder and everything else that is needed but somebody to help us make this an enjoyable experience as far as catching. If nobody is availale we will give it our best shot. Tom, Logan and Janice. thomaslittle07@comcast.net.....425-558-9773
Morning Guys,

Although exact times have not been determined, it looks like Sunday morning would be a good time for Randy and his family. Paul, if you're still available it would be great to have you help out with the fishing. I have plenty of rods (spinning and bait casting) with a more than adequate supply of any kind of tackle. I also have rod holders and a trolling motor if you would prefer to troll.

I don't know what to do about comfortably tranferring Randy onto the boat. If we can't do it where I'm moored we might be better off using the boat launch right next to Newport. I guess we'll figure this out when the time comes. Tom Little
kzoo has and i will be contacting the Littles shortly (this AM) to coordinate a time to meet today to take Randy and the group some goodies ! i will also contact kzoo this AM
dj

Sparky said:
Is Tom,Janice or Logan a Wafish normal on here?Is anything anybody offered being used to help?Did anybody make contact verbaly with this family?
hi Joanne,
i will make the needed effort to contact the Little's this morning so we can coordinate meeting sometime today so i can hand over some fishing goodies for Randy and the group. I need to go do a little shopping first. I wish i could be physically involved Sunday but prior commitments have me tied down. I do plan on leaving Walla Walla early Sunday morn to get home so maybe i can end up meeting you guys as you get off the water or on. I will be talking with kzoo (Paul) today i believe he will be joining your group. I am so glad this is happening the way it is, the Little's are big people !
Dan

Joanne Greco said:
Thank you Tom, Janice and Logan for the offer to take Randy, Malia (his sister) and I out. Thank you to everyone who has responded to make this a happy day for Randy. We will be going out on Sunday with Tom, Janice and Logan.

Dan, next week may be too late for Randy to enjoy this trip, so we need to do this very soon. Randy is losing significant function every day. He has less than a month left and I think even less than that at the speed things are going now. When I first wrote to you 3 days ago, he was able to walk with some effort, but he did it. Now he can only stand and take 1 or 2 steps. His vision is getting worse and he is more forgetful. He's lost his bladder control and now has a permanent catheter in. His affected arm and leg have just started to turn purple. He still can use his right side, but is having some swelling now. He will be safe and well enough to go on the boat Sunday and with help, even bring in a fish.

Brain cancer reacts differently than other cancers. Sometimes people are walking and talking a week before they pass. I'm still having a hard time accepting this, but I know in my heart he won't get better. My heartfelt thanks to all of you for making this a day I will never forget with my grandson. Randy is really looking forward to this too.
Tom,

Sign me up! Let me know when and where this weekend!

Paul

Logan Little said:
Morning Guys,

Although exact times have not been determined, it looks like Sunday morning would be a good time for Randy and his family. Paul, if you're still available it would be great to have you help out with the fishing. I have plenty of rods (spinning and bait casting) with a more than adequate supply of any kind of tackle. I also have rod holders and a trolling motor if you would prefer to troll.

I don't know what to do about comfortably tranferring Randy onto the boat. If we can't do it where I'm moored we might be better off using the boat launch right next to Newport. I guess we'll figure this out when the time comes. Tom Little

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service