Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

While everyone involved in the preparation of this tournament series goes above and beyond, what they can't control is participation.  To say that I was extremely disappointed in the number of teams at yesterday event is an understatement.  44 teams participated when this event typically draws a minimum of 60-70.  I do want to thank the teams who fished yesterday, especially those from Oregon, Idaho, and the eastside of our state.  Correct me if I am wrong, but there may have been more teams from outside the local area who fished yesterday.  That is embarrassing considering I can think of at least 15 local teams that were not there.  Thank you Ron and Mike for saving face for us westsiders and sacking the biggest LK WA bag I have ever seen with 23lbs that included a 7lb sow.  It's too bad that only 44 teams showed up to see it......

As a bass fishing community we have to support those who sponsor these events, and the same goes for those who work very hard to bring us NW Bass.  I'm not sure we all understand what it means to have NW Bass here in Washington.  It would be interesting to see everything that goes in to setting one of these events up and how much it costs.  Look what happened to the ABA series.  My first tournament was on Lk WA 15 years ago.  It was an ABA event and there were 80 something teams.  Now they are lucky to draw 20 teams to an event.  My opinion is if it were me and I had another turnout like this next year, I wouldn't be back.... 

Views: 2109

Replies to This Discussion

I personally can not justify a $300 entry fee. I can understand how the top 3 or 4 do it and be able to win enough to pay the bill on a $50,000 boat, $3000 electronics, $3000 powerpoles and thousands of dollars in other equipment. I can also see how the guy who makes $150,000 a year can afford it, or the guy who was wise with his money and retired well.

Between the wife and I we do alright financially, but I couldn't even come close to making the bills and fishing NWBass, Nixon's, ABA circuit. I would rather fish club tournaments were it cost me $25 to enter, and half the guys have boats that are worth $5,000 or less.

I don't want to knock the big tournaments as I think they are a great thing for the sport, and the guys that fish NWBass etc, are very influencial. I just have a hard time seeing how it can grow with so many guys donating such a big chunk of change.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service