Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

All,

Today's  Potholes results as well as the most recent angler standings have been posted.  Thanks and as always, while there are no size limits, I recommend that you Keep The Big Ones.

Stilen   

Views: 982

Replies to This Discussion

Ron,

I'm surprised Mike hasn't put one of his ball gags on you. 

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Here's a synopsis for you I will make it really easy, we didn't prefish, we caught every fish on a jig, we fished in the middle of the dunes, and we caught them in or next to willow bushes. We caught probably about 20 fish and culling out and easy 16+lb limit. It was great fishing for us, we were oblivious to the tough bite, I think guys were fishing there prefish and not fishing the current conditions and they made it tough on themselves. Didn't do anthing special at all we just got some lucky bites to get that kind of weight.  I will not really go on about what jigs baits we used I have made mention on here before what jigs I use so guys should take better notes next time.

When you have spent as much time and money on your tournament fishing as Wolsky and I  we are a bit reluctant to give out any information about specifics and what happens where, spend more time on the water and you will be better prepared next time, but I am not going to give out short cuts.

Ben Hanes said:

I think it would be great if some of the top competitors, particularly Hobbs or Wolsky, kind of gave a synopsis of what they did, even if it's just a paragraph or two.  I don't think I have ever seen potholes fish so tough for largemouth.

Ron Hobbs Jr., you are Stingy, stingy, stingy......

I can't believe that you wouldn't give out shortcuts, waypoints, lures, etc. so some guy can go soak a nightcrawler on one of your spots, or that you can go compete against these guys on your spot! 

To quote someone on this site: "What is this forum for?"

Oops - that was sarcasm.

Mike Bess said:

Ron,

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Here's a synopsis for you I will make it really easy, we didn't prefish, we caught every fish on a jig, we fished in the middle of the dunes, and we caught them in or next to willow bushes. We caught probably about 20 fish and culling out and easy 16+lb limit. It was great fishing for us, we were oblivious to the tough bite, I think guys were fishing there prefish and not fishing the current conditions and they made it tough on themselves. Didn't do anthing special at all we just got some lucky bites to get that kind of weight.  I will not really go on about what jigs baits we used I have made mention on here before what jigs I use so guys should take better notes next time.

When you have spent as much time and money on your tournament fishing as Wolsky and I  we are a bit reluctant to give out any information about specifics and what happens where, spend more time on the water and you will be better prepared next time, but I am not going to give out short cuts.

Ben Hanes said:

I think it would be great if some of the top competitors, particularly Hobbs or Wolsky, kind of gave a synopsis of what they did, even if it's just a paragraph or two.  I don't think I have ever seen potholes fish so tough for largemouth.

Jon, by now you know it is not about waypoints or spots its how you adapt to what you are facing, patterns etc. I don't want to give those things up, they are way more sacred than a certain lure choice even though I think this played into it as well, funny deal is that we used lures on the backs of our jigs that neither one of us had used before when the normal stuff didn't fare so well. Needless to say I have a new jig trailer that I have fallen in love with and is not readily available for fisherman around here.  Call me later I will tell you aslong as you don't tell Bess....

Jon Sessler said:

I can't believe that you wouldn't give out shortcuts, waypoints, lures, etc. so some guy can go soak a nightcrawler on one of your spots, or that you can go compete against these guys on your spot! 

Oops - that was sarcasm.

Mike Bess said:

Ron,

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Ben Hanes said:

No worries Ron, I already know what it was and I bought 300 of them last week in 4 different colors.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Jon, by now you know it is not about waypoints or spots its how you adapt to what you are facing, patterns etc. I don't want to give those things up, they are way more sacred than a certain lure choice even though I think this played into it as well, funny deal is that we used lures on the backs of our jigs that neither one of us had used before when the normal stuff didn't fare so well. Needless to say I have a new jig trailer that I have fallen in love with and is not readily available for fisherman around here.  Call me later I will tell you aslong as you don't tell Bess....

Jon Sessler said:

Oops - that was sarcasm.

Mike Bess said:

Ron,

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

Ben Hanes said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service