Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

There were a few guy from this site over on Banks for the first one . B walters , S Hastings , D snodgras , Mark "hot pink shorts " , Tito , and few others .. Im excited about man . The LMB Bite should be good , And the smallies are full of steam and roamimg in numbers .. Im thinking lots of limits but its going to take atleast 18+ bag to make the top three .. I pre fished last sunday and was able to put a solid game plan down. Buzzbaits in 50ft of water , just keep casting and remember you only need five bites ...........lol Good Luck to all thats attending !!

Dez "The Rookie"

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Tony Lind won day 1 with 16.6
Jeremy Perciefield was 2 with 16.1
Crusty was 3rd with 12 something.
I sucked day 1 with 2.66 LMB and lost a good smallie

Day 2 Jeremy crushed the LMB with 2 toads and had 19lbs total
2nd was Gene Batey with 13lbs
3rd was me with 12.31 2 LMB 3SMB
Congrats to Steve H, he won the back seater division for the year and won both Sat and Sun backseater on Sammamish. Nice little options pot payday for him.

Mark
Eric, dumping your boat and letting it freefloat is often the standard practice in the South and Mid-West. When you fish tourneys all over you see stuff like this and it is considered normal and in good taste to clear the ramp quickly. They don't even ask for permission to board your boat; they just expect that you expect them to hop on the closest boat and hitch a ride to their drifting rig.

ciao,
Marc

Eric DeLay said:
You want to see something funny? Watch Crusty launch his boat at the tourney. He just dumps it in the water and lets it float off, goes and parks his van, then comes back and finds someone to go give him a ride out to get his boat.
Mike Wolsky told me about it then Jim Sumich told me he saw it too. I thought it was hilarious.

BigBass Dez said:
I TT Roy Vanslyke this morning said he is leaving out tonight , Gonna be a fun wkend !!
Words to live by, Dez...

ciao,
Marc

BigBass Dez said:
LMAO !! Eric your crazy man .. If you have ever experienced italian cooking , then you should know why i was over there ..And for the record i would never get a the bad side of any italian , MOFIA rule # 1 ... trust me on that one .

Eric DeLay said:
Dez told me that he doesn't mind skipping dinner at your mom's. It gives him more time to focus on the real reason he is over there.

RFatt16 said:
Now what fun would that be? Phones are too easy. Typing is much slower and then anyone interested in my day to day life can get a little glance in. I know tons of people care what i do day to day, Delay being one of them. ;)

Misanthrope said:
Maybe you two should just call each other?

RFatt16 said:
LOL I'm sure you are.

Next time I'll tell her to have some pasta ready and you'll really see what she can throw down

BTW how the hell did this topic get so far off based???????????????? HAhaha

BigBass Dez said:
DONE !! lol
RFatt16 said:
Keep talking $hit and no more dinners at moms house for you

BigBass Dez said:
Thanks for the catch pillsbury dough boy !! it was suppose to say "Im excited about it man "
Its freaking hot outside and my fingers are not moving as fast as my brain !!

RFatt16 said:
Could you please explain this sentence "Im excited about man" knowing you it was supposed to say I'm excited by men by what did you mean???????
Great write up Dez! Sammamish was brutally tough over the weekend! I only got two small keepers on Sat. On Sunday I busted one off over 4 lbs that did some crazy flip at the surface and sliced my 4lb. line with its tail. My non boater on Sunday got two nice fish though that got him on the state team so that was pretty cool.
Oh and by the way, that wonderful boater you drew on Saturday waved me down on Sunday while I was driving down the lake. I went over to see what he wanted and was lectured, or should I say scolded on how unwanted my presence was there because of my boat. He proceeded to tell me I had no right to register as a boater, how he had been in "the game" for 20 years and knew all the ins and outs of it, and how every person there dreaded the thought of getting stuck fishing with me but they were keeping it to themselves and he was doing the "respectable" thing by letting me know.
Instead of getting in a big argument with him about how I only signed up because of the schedule this year, there is no minimum horsepower requirement in the rules, I was letting my nonboaters run the front in some cases 3/4 of the day after I tried what I wanted to in the morning, only charged them $5 for gas etc. etc. I simply drove off and got my non boater that second fish he needed. I hear he got into it with someone over at Banks too over a spot he felt he "owned".

BigBass Dez said:
Saturday , Roy got the biggest LMB of the tourney , 6.4 something ...Tony Lind took first with just over 16LBS "all smallies" ..second place was also 16 with mostly LMB ! ...

Sunday 19.77 "TWO LMB , one was barly 6 the other was just under 6 and the rest were smallies .. Im sorry but i forgot the guys name ..

Overall saturday was really tuff due to the front that pushed through friday night , the smallie bite was few a far in between , lots of 1 fish 0 fish and 2-3 fish from guys that are sticks !

Sunday the smallie bite was so so first thing in the morning , I had the pleasure of fishing with Mr. Gene Baity , and he did something that iv never seen before in the last three years on this lake . We fished "The Pipe" and he got a 5lb LMB and 10 min later got a 3Lb LMB "all on dropshot" ...Iv ran into a small LMB here and there on the pipe , but nothing like that i was blown back .. I hooked into a few really good fish that were a little shy to the net .

I also fished with a gentleman name "Ricky Hamilton" on saturday and i came close to just telling him to take me back to the launch "yep it was that bad " ...But overall the event was ran extremly well , Ken Day does a great job and i do encourage all to consider this event next year . BTW B.a.s.s qualifers drew more boats thans F.L.W qualifers this year ..

It was good seeing all that attended and looking forward to next .. minus one boater !!

Dez "The Rookie "
This guy just about got thrown out of the boat a couple years back in the FLW Tri Cities event. My buddy got the short straw on day 2 of the event, and drew this guy. I guess he was the biggest horses ass you ever did see! Needless to say he finished almost dead last. I guess he was pulling some off the wall crap there too, like demanding 70-100 bucks for gas from his co-anglers, and trying to make them wash his boat. He also rammed a boat in marina waiting to launch! It is a shame that guys like this do events like this. The guy needs his ass removed, that's for sure. I just hope I get the pleasure of fishing with him one of these days!

David Parnicky said:
Great write up Dez! Sammamish was brutally tough over the weekend! I only got two small keepers on Sat. On Sunday I busted one off over 4 lbs that did some crazy flip at the surface and sliced my 4lb. line with its tail. My non boater on Sunday got two nice fish though that got him on the state team so that was pretty cool.
Oh and by the way, that wonderful boater you drew on Saturday waved me down on Sunday while I was driving down the lake. I went over to see what he wanted and was lectured, or should I say scolded on how unwanted my presence was there because of my boat. He proceeded to tell me I had no right to register as a boater, how he had been in "the game" for 20 years and knew all the ins and outs of it, and how every person there dreaded the thought of getting stuck fishing with me but they were keeping it to themselves and he was doing the "respectable" thing by letting me know.
Instead of getting in a big argument with him about how I only signed up because of the schedule this year, there is no minimum horsepower requirement in the rules, I was letting my nonboaters run the front in some cases 3/4 of the day after I tried what I wanted to in the morning, only charged them $5 for gas etc. etc. I simply drove off and got my non boater that second fish he needed. I hear he got into it with someone over at Banks too over a spot he felt he "owned".

BigBass Dez said:
Saturday , Roy got the biggest LMB of the tourney , 6.4 something ...Tony Lind took first with just over 16LBS "all smallies" ..second place was also 16 with mostly LMB ! ...

Sunday 19.77 "TWO LMB , one was barly 6 the other was just under 6 and the rest were smallies .. Im sorry but i forgot the guys name ..

Overall saturday was really tuff due to the front that pushed through friday night , the smallie bite was few a far in between , lots of 1 fish 0 fish and 2-3 fish from guys that are sticks !

Sunday the smallie bite was so so first thing in the morning , I had the pleasure of fishing with Mr. Gene Baity , and he did something that iv never seen before in the last three years on this lake . We fished "The Pipe" and he got a 5lb LMB and 10 min later got a 3Lb LMB "all on dropshot" ...Iv ran into a small LMB here and there on the pipe , but nothing like that i was blown back .. I hooked into a few really good fish that were a little shy to the net .

I also fished with a gentleman name "Ricky Hamilton" on saturday and i came close to just telling him to take me back to the launch "yep it was that bad " ...But overall the event was ran extremly well , Ken Day does a great job and i do encourage all to consider this event next year . BTW B.a.s.s qualifers drew more boats thans F.L.W qualifers this year ..

It was good seeing all that attended and looking forward to next .. minus one boater !!

Dez "The Rookie "
Who was it I think that everyone needs to know so that they can be forwarned.

David Parnicky said:

BigBass Dez said:

Dez "The Rookie "
His name is Ricky Hamilton.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Who was it I think that everyone needs to know so that they can be forwarned.

David Parnicky said:

BigBass Dez said:

Dez "The Rookie "
Sorry I guess i missed it, like he should be telling anyone anything, I have never even heard of hime before. This being said he must never do well enough to place in the money or I would of heard of him.
Interesting stuff Marc. I had never heard of this before but I found it quite amusing. I am going to start doing it too.

Marc Marcantonio said:
Eric, dumping your boat and letting it freefloat is often the standard practice in the South and Mid-West. When you fish tourneys all over you see stuff like this and it is considered normal and in good taste to clear the ramp quickly. They don't even ask for permission to board your boat; they just expect that you expect them to hop on the closest boat and hitch a ride to their drifting rig.

ciao,
Marc

Eric DeLay said:
You want to see something funny? Watch Crusty launch his boat at the tourney. He just dumps it in the water and lets it float off, goes and parks his van, then comes back and finds someone to go give him a ride out to get his boat.
Mike Wolsky told me about it then Jim Sumich told me he saw it too. I thought it was hilarious.

BigBass Dez said:
I TT Roy Vanslyke this morning said he is leaving out tonight , Gonna be a fun wkend !!
Ya Mr Ricky cut me off pretty bad to the point of me protesting to the T.D. but decided to let it slide. I told him to back off and just kept fishing even though he was tossing cranks in front, under around my boat. That was day one, same thing on day two. Needless to say I do beleive he needs to be removed from the scene or some sort of punishement.
Hey David,
Sorry you got the scold down from good ole Ricky Bobby as we called him this weekend. Totally needless, you keep right on fishing out of your boat. 2 yrs ago, there was a state team member from Montana in a tin tracker. No one I talked to or with had anything bad to say about you or your boat. So let it go in one ear and out the other. The guy was and is clueless.

Mark

David Parnicky said:

BigBass Dez said:

Dez "The Rookie "
Gotta love Ricky Bobby! Steve went out with him day2 and caught 10lbs so.....

Mark Maderos said:
Hey David,
Sorry you got the scold down from good ole Ricky Bobby as we called him this weekend. Totally needless, you keep right on fishing out of your boat. 2 yrs ago, there was a state team member from Montana in a tin tracker. No one I talked to or with had anything bad to say about you or your boat. So let it go in one ear and out the other. The guy was and is clueless.

Mark

David Parnicky said:

BigBass Dez said:

Dez "The Rookie "

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service