Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hit Tapps today with Kevin. Put a very nice 3lb or so smallie in the net. On a crankbait. Water temps 47-49 degrees. Stained. Quite a few anglers. Close to full pool. Maybe a foot or so to go. Great to be back on the water.

Views: 1992

Replies to This Discussion

Evergreen has a club tourny there next weekend, so they were all pre-fishing. Don't mind em, none of them can catch fish!

Fished Tapps sunday from 11 am to 4 pm. Windy. Sunny. Water temp 44-50 degrees. My bud, Kevin raised a musky. Around 30" inches or so. Other than that not much catching for us. Heading south next weekend. Mayfield or Merwin. Not sure yet. Later kids.

We might have had better luck if we were in a float tube in January. Good luck at Mayfield,might head up to Vancouver this weekend with the family but I never really know what I'm doing. Also need to place an order

to Musky Innovations. Hoping to get back on the musky hunt very soon.

Spent all day on Tapps today. From 9 am to 530 pm. Raised 2 fish. One mid 30" incher and one mid 40" incher. Sunny and warm. Water temps 54-59 degrees. Warmer on the south end of the lake. Water was muddy in spots. Musta had some rain up there in the last few days. Mt.Rainier looked great. Charging the batterries ready for tommorrow. See yahs.

I hate Lake Tapps. For muskies anyway. Right now anyway. Didn't raise a single fish. Smallies were tagging everything. I didnt fish for them. Thats what I heard. I am addicted to those damn muskies.  Pete, Pete, Pete, Pete, Pete, Pete, Pete what do I do Pete?

Found water temps up to 64 degrees. Also found out my suncreen is as bad as the musky fishing today. Freekin burned my ass bad. But it was sunny and warm. Hello warm weather! Adios

1st tiger of the year woot  woot..! a 43x16 on a bucktail. 1st cast after a move from a flat to a point.Beautiful fish great fight. Up and under the boat 3 times. Gonna name this one scar. She had a fresh cut on the top of her head.. Bunch of small smallies tapping the buck too. Also had about a 12 inch perch follow my sucker colored shallow invader to the boat. Water temp was up to 62 degrees.

Picked up two muskies Friday evening,both on a spinnerbait. 1st musky was a sub 30 and then this one.

Taking a brief break from muskies,going to give some walleye a go.

Attachments:

Is there walleye in Tapps?

Thats about what 37 inches or so? Since now you've got a musky from shore you can start doing musky behaivor seminars? Plus a photo of a fish that you actually caught from shore you could even start charging admission fees to boot..All you need now is some waders and old people sunglasses and then you'll really have it going on....got get em cowboy!

had a few good outings at Tapps recently,nothing big but still catching something. Went out a few days ago and boated a mid 20's and then back this evening on the bank and caught a decent tiger. Thats right....on the shore. Pretty amazing,it wasn't a typical 44 like everyone else does on the shore.I guess you only catch big muskies from the bank when you don't have a camera. Will post pics of my ugly mug later

1st client of the year today. Put a 30" musky in the net. His wife had another small follow and missed a musky right at the end of the day. Great day on the water. Thanks guys!

Attachments:

Perfect day for musky fishing. Wind, clouds and more wind. Had 4 fish on. For whatever reason the muskies only held onto the tail end of my Invader. Dammit! Anyway some good activity. Water temps in the 60's. Bunch of bass hunters out there yesterday and today. Good day fishin! See yah on the water next weekend at Mayfield! 

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service