Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

The WSBF is hosting a Dream Team event at Banks on Oct. 5-6. Friday Oct.4 is an official practice day, however the lake will be off limits Mon - Thurs. This event will qualify teams for a national dream team event to be held on dream destination lake. Teams must register online at http://bassfederation.com/tournaments/dream-team/ Hope to see you all there...

Views: 468

Replies to This Discussion

Keith

Did last years winning team attend the national event ?

There has not yet been a National Dream Team Championship. I do not have the answers as to why that is. I have heard rumors as to the location of the planned championship and I believe they may have it this spring to hit the best fishing. I do not know for sure if this years qualifying teams would fish the same event or a later one. All of these decisions are out of our control at the state level.

Thanks for the feed back Keith  

Keith Brooks said:

There has not yet been a National Dream Team Championship. I do not have the answers as to why that is. I have heard rumors as to the location of the planned championship and I believe they may have it this spring to hit the best fishing. I do not know for sure if this years qualifying teams would fish the same event or a later one. All of these decisions are out of our control at the state level.

Sounds like an idea that never gained enough traction.

The Dream Team Championship is Oct 2nd -4th I believe at Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.

I know I would also Dana.  The scholarship tournament needs to be brought back!

Dana Steiner said:

I'm curious, how many more teams would show up and participate if this was run like the old scholarship tournament? I know I would!

Dana Steiner said:

Keith / Russ,

To sign up online through TBF, they request information that I have not found posted. Tournament director, blast off time, weigh in time, etc. Is this information posted somewhere?

This tournament used to draw a lot more boats when it was ran as the scholarship tournament. Have you guy's ever thought about running a duel purpose tournament? You could leave this open to all fishermen and not require membership into the TBF. For those that are members or want to pay the membership, they could sign up for the "Dream Team". You could post two sets of results and accomplish your goals. I have talked to numerous teams that would like to fish this tournament, but have no interest in becoming TBF members. I fished the event last year and would like to fish it again this year. However, I have no interest in coming back to Banks to compete against 15 teams.

The Dream Team event is now just an open since we didn't have anyone that pre-registered.

Its a long story why we changed it away from Scholarship event but the idea was to promote a new venue the Dream Team event.The goal was to have at least 25 or more teams participate, and 1 or two of the teams would be invited to a national Dream Team Championship. The top two teams would recieve not only travel stipends they would also get free entrys into the Championship held the following year.

This years National Dream Team Championship is being held on Oct 2-4th at Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.

More information on Dream Team program can be found on the WSBF website.

This years event will be a two day event.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service