Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I just got finished watching  The Bellingham City and the Storm Water Committee discussion.

Because they don't have the funds or time needed to put in an inspection system for the 2012 boating season, they are recommending closing the Bloedel boat launch for this year (2012) This could impact Tournament on the lake if this is acted on.

Views: 765

Replies to This Discussion

+1000

Chad Simon said:

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking....

Jon Sessler said:

Keep voting liberal politicians into office and you can bet you will get more of this.

Interesting.  I was at a meeting Thursday, put on by the parks department.  They had an overall master plan for Bloedel Donovan Park, including the addition of a boat launch for the rowing club and a boat house near Electric Avenue to store the rowing shells.   Clare Fogelsong was there as well, and no mention was made of closing the boat launch.  They did have a display up, showing zebra and quagga mussels, and one of the staff said they (the mussels) were "close."  When I asked to define "close" they couldn't.  I said my information says that the closest infestation of zebra mussels is more than a thousand miles away.  Her answer: "they're coming."  It's true the primary problem currently is phosphorous, but there is a very strident group that insists the only way to protect the lake is to ban all boats from the lake.  I don't know what they'll do about the float planes, and numerous private docks, not to mention Sudden Valley, Lakewood, South Bay, and the WDFW launch at the south end of the lake. My initial thought was that these people are part of a lunatic fringe and will be tolerated, but little else.  Several spoke at the meeting.  I think there's a website where we can make our concerns known.  Here it is:  http://www.cob.org/government/departments/parks/projects/bloedel-ma...   

Here's another link that can provide some information and contact people  http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/1264/1340575/

Everytime I empty my Pee bucket I have to yell "Drink up Bellingham".....I love the lake but wonder about the people controling it (or trying to control it).

It doesn't matter if you vote them in or not, they know how to steal elections.

Jon Sessler said:

Keep voting liberal politicians into office and you can bet you will get more of this.

I'm betting this idea is put forth by the same lady who has collected 2700 lead poisoned swans from up there. The t.n.t. posted an article last week about some lady who is claiming that. I wrote the author and editors letters telling them how rediculous the story was. 2700 since 1999 is one every 1.75 days. Off one watcom county lake. Because they eat bullets. Really. Who is letting these people out of their cells?

Washington State can really suck at times.....

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service