Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

So does anyone have any of these yet?  What, how or where could you use these baits, it seems to me it would be a niche bait, but what applications would you guys use these for? Which lakes would you use them? Why would you use them over a regular jig?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Power_Tackle_Lateral_Perch/descpage-...

Views: 201

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to agree hows it feel to pick on a teenager? Does it make you feel more manly? Seriously though I think it might be one of those times where the line has been crossed. I can take a razzing but Spencer should not have too especially from grown men.
I think it's best that you guys hug it out.

Spencer, you have been on here a while. I'm sure you know how it works. Guys get picked on for good reason or not. Don't worry about anything Sparkles says, he is a big stupid dummy. I was really hoping everyone was over the whole "sensitive" thing. Oh, and as the elected king of the SRP club, I would prefer all comments directed twards boosting Mr. Hobb's ego get my approval in the future.

Sparky said:
So did anyone ask Spencer if he felt like he was picked on.My post was a joke following the previous comment.So if what I said is picking on a kid OMG.I can say that at 10 yo I'm sure sure glade I was built with tough skin.Spencer if I offended you in any way I am sorry.I'm also a big enough man to admit mistakes and apologize.Guess the love is fading fast. Clif
Sparky,

I doubt YOU hurt Spencer's feelings. It is rare that any one understands a single word you say. It was the posts you replied to that were over the top. A grown man should be able to take some ball busting but unless some kid starts running his mouth he shouldn't have to take that kind of abuse.

Sparky said:
So did anyone ask Spencer if he felt like he was picked on.My post was a joke following the previous comment.So if what I said is picking on a kid OMG.I can say that at 10 yo I'm sure sure glade I was built with tough skin.Spencer if I offended you in any way I am sorry.I'm also a big enough man to admit mistakes and apologize.Guess the love is fading fast. Clif
Lighten up guys. It sounds like some of you want Spencer to live in a world where he never learns humility, or how to laugh at himself.

I think if Spencer digs deep, there is a lesson to be learned about women. Hot women, similar to pro fisherman, like subtle compliments. They don't want to hear how great they are. They already know they are the best. They do not enjoy wiping your drool off of their feet.

You see....as much as you think we're all trying to tear Spence down, we are actually just trying to ensure that he has a ton of success in finding a hot wife.

In my opinion the best way to compliment a pro fisherman, or a women for that matter.....is to simply ask for their opinion. Granted the Professional fisherman is going to give you a much shorter answer than the women.....that is unless the women is out of your league. In that case her answer is going to be incredibly short.....
All I got from that is that pro fishermen act like a bunch of women. "OMG, did you see Dez's blue jump suit? Thats like so 2008!"

Jake "The Snake" Anderson said:
Lighten up guys. It sounds like some of you want Spencer to live in a world where he never learns humility, or how to laugh at himself.

I think if Spencer digs deep, there is a lesson to be learned about women. Hot women, similar to pro fisherman, like subtle compliments. They don't want to hear how great they are. They already know they are the best. They do not enjoy wiping your drool off of their feet.

You see....as much as you think we're all trying to tear Spence down, we are actually just trying to ensure that he has a ton of success in finding a hot wife.

In my opinion the best way to compliment a pro fisherman, or a women for that matter.....is to simply ask for their opinion. Granted the Professional fisherman is going to give you a much shorter answer than the women.....that is unless the women is out of your league. In that case her answer is going to be incredibly short.....
To get back on track, has anyone actually read the product description? Here it is. Evidently the bait does glide. I can't imagine them boldly claiming that the bait glides back and forth if it fails miserably at it. Seems like a technique sensitive bait. I'm sure if Tag told me a TW swimmer can do a 180, I'd call him a liar and a cheat, but thats really just my inability to operate the product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After spending 18 months in research and development and accounting for over 2500 bass during testing, Power Tackle presents the Lateral Perch. Not a swimbait - it’s the most realistic jig ever created.

Made to sink on its side like a wounded bream. On the fall with a slack line, the Lateral Perch sinks in a dying spiral, and on a slightly tight line, its specially designed head causes it to glide back and forth, making it irresistible to predatory bass.

It's soft plastic tail trailer is also extremely realistic, complete with thin, lifelike fins - for subtle added action, and the Lateral Perch is constructed using only the finest components available, including a 6/0 Owner hook, as well as an innovative weighting system in its artfully designed head. Available in multiple sizes and colors, the Power Tackle Lateral Perch is proven to fool bass - with a deadly action all its own.

Suggested Applications:

1/4-oz and 1/2-oz - for depths of 5ft of water or less, including shallow cover and boat docks.

Also offering unreal skipping capabilities. Remember when you were young and skipped flat rocks on the water? Now you can skip a bream on its side with a hook in it.

3/4-oz and 1-oz - for depths of 5-10 ft in medium/thick cover, grass or trees; or 10-25 ft on rock piles and ledges.

BED FISHING… 1/4, 1/2, 3/4-oz Lateral Perch, your choice, based on weather and depth conditions - you'll be amazed.

1-1/4 oz and 1-3/4 oz - for depths of 10–25 ft in Hydrilla, or all other depths of matted vegetation. Bass cannot take the darting and gliding of the Lateral Perch under the mat.

When you stroke or hop another bait on a ledge, it will just fall straight back to the bottom, when you stroke the Lateral Perch, it glides up to 3 feet to one side, and triggers the most violent, line jumping strikes ever witnessed.
this sounds vaguely familiar to the banjo minnow.

i didn't think you were attacking spencer I figured you were relaying constructive criticism that you had received before

and finally the comment from me was directed at craig and not ron

Jake "The Snake" Anderson said:
To get back on track, has anyone actually read the product description? Here it is. Evidently the bait does glide. I can't imagine them boldly claiming that the bait glides back and forth if it fails miserably at it. Seems like a technique sensitive bait. I'm sure if Tag told me a TW swimmer can do a 180, I'd call him a liar and a cheat, but thats really just my inability to operate the product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After spending 18 months in research and development and accounting for over 2500 bass during testing, Power Tackle presents the Lateral Perch. Not a swimbait - it’s the most realistic jig ever created.

Made to sink on its side like a wounded bream. On the fall with a slack line, the Lateral Perch sinks in a dying spiral, and on a slightly tight line, its specially designed head causes it to glide back and forth, making it irresistible to predatory bass.

It's soft plastic tail trailer is also extremely realistic, complete with thin, lifelike fins - for subtle added action, and the Lateral Perch is constructed using only the finest components available, including a 6/0 Owner hook, as well as an innovative weighting system in its artfully designed head. Available in multiple sizes and colors, the Power Tackle Lateral Perch is proven to fool bass - with a deadly action all its own.

Suggested Applications:

1/4-oz and 1/2-oz - for depths of 5ft of water or less, including shallow cover and boat docks.

Also offering unreal skipping capabilities. Remember when you were young and skipped flat rocks on the water? Now you can skip a bream on its side with a hook in it.

3/4-oz and 1-oz - for depths of 5-10 ft in medium/thick cover, grass or trees; or 10-25 ft on rock piles and ledges.

BED FISHING… 1/4, 1/2, 3/4-oz Lateral Perch, your choice, based on weather and depth conditions - you'll be amazed.

1-1/4 oz and 1-3/4 oz - for depths of 10–25 ft in Hydrilla, or all other depths of matted vegetation. Bass cannot take the darting and gliding of the Lateral Perch under the mat.

When you stroke or hop another bait on a ledge, it will just fall straight back to the bottom, when you stroke the Lateral Perch, it glides up to 3 feet to one side, and triggers the most violent, line jumping strikes ever witnessed.
Got mine in today from TW they are a bit smaller than I anticipated. Although they are only 4 inches long, they aren't nearly as tall or wide as I thought, and the hook looks huge on them too. Probably worth getting a few to take a look at yourself.
so far not impressed?
we may be of like minds then - looking forward to your review

Jordan Doucet said:
Got mine in today from TW they are a bit smaller than I anticipated. Although they are only 4 inches long, they aren't nearly as tall or wide as I thought, and the hook looks huge on them too. Probably worth getting a few to take a look at yourself.
jordan tossed it yet?

Pat said:
so far not impressed?

Jordan Doucet said:
I think you should wait til spring til' he tosses it. but who knows he can toss it for winter smallies too

Pat said:
jordan tossed it yet?

Pat said:
so far not impressed?

Jordan Doucet said:
Probably won't throw it until late January Early February when I start green fishing again.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service