Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Here is the complete 2012 contest calendar that I just recieved.  All sorted by dates.  This is also posted on the WSBF site at www.wabass.org

Views: 1821

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I vote for Potholes, but I would love to go to the Delta or Clear Lake.  I would also love the lower Columbia for that matter.  While we are at it, I vote for Kentucky Lake, Hickory Lake, Falcon, or anywhere else I can tow my Ranger to. 

Since none of that is going to happen, I would be fine with TriCities.

ciao,
Marc

Yep, he is a married man now!   Great wedding!    I would also agree with potholes too.  Just something different to change things up a bit. 
Gary Stiles said:

D.J.  You crack me up-----but dude----think of it?  Also, with ya on Shasta.  Pretty cooooool.  Also, did your highlander buddy tie the knot?  Take good care.

Stilen

How does this sound.  Championship early in the year somewhere like Potholes and then the five qualifiers to follow.  Come October, have a top 25 or 30 only tournament, kind of a "post season"  Make it like a $300 or so entry and possibly add a pot at the beginning of the year, like the AOY pot is now.  I would hold this one somewhere out of the norm, just to even the fields a little, somewhere like Couer D' Alene or the river, say Hood River or even down further.  Just a thought.

First of all, wherever the tournament director decides is what it is.  I've always been good with that.  If I don't like it or can't make it then I don't and somehow the sun still rises in the morning. 

I like the idea of going to different places, "mystery" lakes/rivers even.  The problem we would have with delaying the championship so long is that some teams go through changes during the 5-6 months off - people move away, get new jobs, lose jobs, decided to sell the boat, decide to quit tournament fishing, etc.  The longer the delay between season and championship the more issues you have, especially with a team circuit.

Really, there is no way to level the playing field.  Any body of water or scenario that they come up with will have advantages and disadvantages for everyone involved.  Somebody fishes it all the time or has a cousin who does.  Somebody will live close to it, etc.  I personally don't think those things matter all that much. 

Don, I think you are right on when it comes to a level playing field.  Someone will have the upper hand, that's tournament fishing.  I would just like a bit of a change up somehow, someway.  Don't get me wrong, I totally love the circuit now, and I don't think there is a better ran circuit in the country.  Gary gets it done, no doubt about it.  This is more of a wish list kind of thing!

Don Hogue said:

First of all, wherever the tournament director decides is what it is.  I've always been good with that.  If I don't like it or can't make it then I don't and somehow the sun still rises in the morning. 

I like the idea of going to different places, "mystery" lakes/rivers even.  The problem we would have with delaying the championship so long is that some teams go through changes during the 5-6 months off - people move away, get new jobs, lose jobs, decided to sell the boat, decide to quit tournament fishing, etc.  The longer the delay between season and championship the more issues you have, especially with a team circuit.

Really, there is no way to level the playing field.  Any body of water or scenario that they come up with will have advantages and disadvantages for everyone involved.  Somebody fishes it all the time or has a cousin who does.  Somebody will live close to it, etc.  I personally don't think those things matter all that much. 

Is it true that Americanbass is joining WSBF who just joined the federation. Are tourny fees really going to be $500 to fish an event?

News to me, haven't heard that.

Where do people hear stuff like that?  Do they sit around and just dream stuff up?

Latest is that the aba/federation/wsbf championship will be on Lake Whitman in Pierce County. The event will be float tube only, shotgun start, and will take place in April 2013. Just picked up a new pair of megatron flippers, and an 8 guage stringer for the event. I can't wait!

LOL

Gary does a great job with the water he has to draw from. I would like to see all the tournaments mixed up a bit, go to the same lakes just different times of the year.

It's a business and Gary goes where the draws have been the best!

PS: I'm with Dana no buy-ins!

TOC Shasta in Feb...

BILL

Don't buy-ins add money to the pot without the payor being present to win? I'm trying to figure out the drawback of having 100 guys put money into a tournament pot and only 95 guys fishing for that money?

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service