Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Here is the complete 2012 contest calendar that I just recieved.  All sorted by dates.  This is also posted on the WSBF site at www.wabass.org

Views: 1821

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I would absolutely love to have a championship on Potholes Reservoir, this ever changing lake would be awesome to fish as a championship, it is also about time for NWBass to have a Largemouth based Championship!  Having it in the spring would add something special, I think guys are just looking for some variety as already has been stated. It really is kind of monatoneous, River, Banks, River, Banks.

Don- I would not like the TOC to be on Washington, the lake is way to small, the fish are way too finicky, the boats are way too big, the people are way to big of A-holes, and the boat launches are way too expensive, ($20 a day to launch). Honestly I feel pretty comfortable where ever Gary takes us as long as I get some practice time, do I think that I would hold and advantage over some, of course but definentely not alot of guys that NW Bass does not see a ton of.  I also don't care for Lake Washington in the Fall, If you think the spring is bad the fall is worse. 

I just think the out of state thing would be awesome, I would also agree with Bill, Shasta in February or March would be a kick in the butt.

Ron -Good things to know about Lake Washington....can't say that any of that contradicts with my limited experience there.

Sometimes I get bored with the same old Banks/River championship rotation.  If I let it, it will affect my attitude towards those places.  But really, each of those places changes enough each year that it really does make it a different fishing experience.  The more I can press the "reset" button mentally on different lakes/rivers, the better the experience and results seem to be.

"You cannot step into the same river twice"

-Heraclitus

Hard to disagree with that Dana but are there really very many buy-in teams.

Dana Steiner said:

Yes, this is true. But it only amounts to peanuts in the big picture. More participation develops a stronger tournament organization. A stronger tournament organization has a better chance of drawing bigger, more financially capable sponsors. This in turn could increase our ability to participate for more money and bigger prizes in the future. An opportunity to compete in the chanpionship should be something an angler earns, not buy's.

Josh Potter said:

Don't buy-ins add money to the pot without the payor being present to win? I'm trying to figure out the drawback of having 100 guys put money into a tournament pot and only 95 guys fishing for that money?

Love that line you quoted. In my past life as a flyfisherman I used that line a lot when explaining why I only fished rivers. I never had a clue where it came from nor did I know my ex-girlfriend shared the same name as the guy who said it.

Don Hogue said:

Ron -Good things to know about Lake Washington....can't say that any of that contradicts with my limited experience there.

Sometimes I get bored with the same old Banks/River championship rotation.  If I let it, it will affect my attitude towards those places.  But really, each of those places changes enough each year that it really does make it a different fishing experience.  The more I can press the "reset" button mentally on different lakes/rivers, the better the experience and results seem to be.

"You cannot step into the same river twice"

-Heraclitus

...your "ex-girlfriend"...man, thats good!

It was a long time ago Don and also not true (the part about my ex-girlfriend). When I read that guy's name it made me think of jokes. I do love that quote though.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service