Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hey guys we don't have permits in hand yet but we did get the nod that the following schedule was good.

March 28 & 29 Lake Washington
April 25 & 26 Banks
May 30 & 31 Silver
June 27 & 28 Moses
July 18 & 19 Potholes
August 22 & 23 Lake Washington

September 4 & 5 Banks Championship

We will verify after we get permits but I think we are set for 2015!

Views: 2419

Replies to This Discussion

Nope, now just have to compete with the potential of 100+ boats prefishing for NWBass championship!

Looking forward to it and the rest of the year schedule.

Angie Dover said:

Hi!
Our date change to Sept 11th and 12th on Banks Lake has been approved!!
We don't have to fight the Labor Day crowd :)
It is impossible to make everyone happy. Just like how it's impossible to change the date Labor Day falls on. What I was able to change (by requests) is the location of this years championships.

Good Job Angie - can't make everyone happy indeed. I've got no issues with the schedule and championship, and I happen to really like how it's on a Friday-Saturday to leave Sunday for travel. Great work getting it moved to Banks - some variety is definitely good!

I agree it is hard to please everyone. Just seems like both circuits are leaning to please the banks lake spokane crowd. Tournments on banks August thru end of september this does not seem to be to much varity. 2 months out of the short tournament year are all at banks not including the April tournaments. What about fish banks may thru June when the fishing is good. Banks has been a popular spot for tournments april, August, September, Can anyone recall the last major team tournment on banks may or June?
Banks is a large lake but even large lakes get tough with that much fishing pressure. I like banks but two months is a bit much.

I also have a hard time believing the answer that there was too many conflicts for a regular season river tournment. The permit page does not show that. The river is a great body of water and agree the varity is good for the fish off but also believe a regular tournment would be nice. Guess we can hope the oregon circuit still believes in the river.

To me it really does not matter where we fish. I fish tournments because I love the sport and the competition.

I respects everyone that runs tournments. Without you running them there would be no competive bass fishing and we could not get passionate about the competive bass fishing sport we love.
I love your east schedule gonna be some killer events!

I am very appreciative for the efforts of our tournament directors, especially when it comes to scheduling.  They get an ear full from every side of the argument.  Working closely with Stiles last year was humbling and aggravating at the same time.  90% of the time, anglers are pushing for a schedule that fits their last best finish on some body of water.  Guys who fail to do well at one lake at a certain time of year, usually have 19 different excuses for why they want to be somewhere else.  I heard a bunch of that at the last year's ABA championship on the River. 

The bad news is, many of the river-haters pushed for Banks last year, and they're going to get their wish.  My prediction is the enormous amount of pressure will make Banks flat miserable in September.  Day 2 of any major event there is downright tough, and when you stack the championships together, with no off-limits for the ABA, catching 5 the final day will be a serious accomplishment. 

The good news is that we're all in the same boat.  So we'll just deal with it.  Plus, this schedule will cut one travel weekend out of September for most guys, as we'll be able to pre-fish for NWBass while at the ABA.

Thanks again Angie, Jeff and Stu.  If this weather keeps up, we'll all be pre-fishing in February. 

Still going to be a good year. The fish will be bitting soon. Banks is a Good Lake. We all have a choice to fish or not. See u all this spring. 20 lbs will be a big weight this year in Aba. It will be interesting to see how banks holds up. Also interesting to see how many people are prefishing northwest that will show some kind heartedness to the people fishing the aba tournment.

My point about scheduling is that the Washington State Bass Federation has been using the same weekends for years with the intent of limiting conflicts. Even without knowing where we will fish, everyone knows when our dates will be. We also go public with our preferred locations for the next year in March so even that is available very early. The biggest problem that we all face is the WDFW two weekend per month rule that adds to the conflicts by limiting the available dates. We all have to work within the system as it is... 
Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

That stinks the Federation should have scheduled around the ABA events. I guess I don't have an option of fishing the Federation this year.
Hope you get my point Keith, not trying to insight controversy other than who should schedule around who, personally I wouldn't schedule around Federation and for you Federation shouldn't schedule around ABA.
Personal preference!

Keith Brooks said:

I believe people have to make choices of what they participate in, some would choose to do both circuits if that was feasible.  I myself was thinking about fishing ABA this year with my wife, that is not an option for us now.

Keith,
When will the 2015 registration be available?

Elephant in the room here is the updated entry fee and options. Since it's in place and a done deal are you able to share Angie? 

I just checked the ABA website and the option pots have not been revised yet. ABA has lowered the entry fee to $150 including insurance and conservation fees. They have also limited the option pots to $50. These will be $25 big bass and $25 big bucks.
They hope by lowering the fees this will increase participation.

I will check again in few days and report back when it's updated.

If you have questions regarding this change, please contact the ABA office.
Thanks Angie! Hoping that this brings more people out this year. As for options, well its too bad you don't get to decide your own for your regions. Maybe we can get some side action going :)

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service