Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

It's that time again to get ready for the Freeze your bASS blast, February 19, 2011 on Lake Sammamish. This is the 5th annual and we at Evergreen Bass club are looking forward to seeing all the regulars and a bunch of new faces this year. We had 38 boats last year and would like to see at least 40 this year.

We use these tournament proceeds to fund the take a Warrior fishing event we have held the last 2 years to help thank the enlisted men and women for all they do for all of us.

With a chance at $1000.00 for the biggest live Bass who wouldn't come out and have a good time?

We are planning on using the 3 fish limit again this year which has leveled the field out a little and made a limit more achievable for this time of year.

We are imposing an off limits period this year to give the fish some stability before the tournament.

The off limits period will start at 12:01 am Saturday February 12, 2011 and continue to be off limits until the tournament starts on Saturday February 19, 2011.

(Friday the 11th is the last day of prefish)

I know this will cause some grumbling but the fish will be much more apt to bite on tournament day.

We will have the rules and entry forms posted on our website later this week as well as a link here for the entry form for those that want to send it in sooner, the entry fee is still $125.00 plus $25.00 for big fish pot option if postmarked before February 8, 2011.

A $10.00 cash only late fee will be added on tournament day.

If anyone is interested in making donations to the raffle or towards the Warrior fishing event we would really appreciate the help.

I can be reached at 253-606-0518 or at Evergreenbassclub@comcast.net with any questions, Thanks again and hope to see you all out there.

Willie Parsons and Evergreen Bass club

Views: 230

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hey all,

I stopped by the weigh-in and watched. It was a real nicely ran tournament. What depths were you all catching those fish? I don't have much experience catching small mouth and wouldnt know where to start. Just the way things worked out growing up.

I can't speak for everyone, but it seamed like the bite was around 40 feet. It was really good early, we should have had a limit in an hour, but we had some equipment failures and some bad luck. Maybe 10 bites, 3 hookups and losses, and one caught in the first 2 or so hours. Bite really slowed down by late morning. Only got maybe 2-3 more bites and one more landed after 10:00am or so.

T-bone said:

Hey all,

I stopped by the weigh-in and watched. It was a real nicely ran tournament. What depths were you all catching those fish? I don't have much experience catching small mouth and wouldnt know where to start. Just the way things worked out growing up.

Man! Sounds tuff. Only boating 2 fish out of 13 bites. Were you breaking them off or something? Is that normal behavior for these fish in deep depths? Did try changing it up?
We did change a few things. Its not uncommon to get short bites. I had an anti-revearse bearing fail on a real while fighting a fish, and one shaking its head so hard I couldn't keep preasure on it. The fish faught hard for this time of year! I think the fish would pick up the bait and spit it as soon as they taisted the snot from my sick nose.... I was pretty sick, and might not have reacted as quickly as normal to some of the bites.

excuses excuses excuses

why don't you just say it, youre not that good!

Aaron Christel said:

We did change a few things. Its not uncommon to get short bites. I had an anti-revearse bearing fail on a real while fighting a fish, and one shaking its head so hard I couldn't keep preasure on it. The fish faught hard for this time of year! I think the fish would pick up the bait and spit it as soon as they taisted the snot from my sick nose.... I was pretty sick, and might not have reacted as quickly as normal to some of the bites.
How did you finish Pat?
Excuses? Or learning experiences? Thats why I asked aaron what he changed.
Aaron, what did you change? To pats credit, you did list excusses. What did you change to alter the outcome? Not trying to be a hard a$s on ya,but chalanging your above response may teach you something.
Pat, if your gonna call someone out, why don't you ask why people feel the need to mention how good they did in practice and did'nt even fish. Or the guy that said he spent too much time trying to screw another guy off his spot? Is that how you all do it out here?

Wow, ok.  Well, we did make some changes in bait size, scent and presentations.  We also moved locations and depths trying to find fish more apt to eat the bait.  I'm not going to give up too much info though. 

Every day on the water has it's own learning experiences.  Did I learn stuff on Saturday?  Yup, I always learn something.  But, one thing I have lerned over time is that you don't have 100% control of all the outcomes.  Thats what makes the sport great.  Are there things that we could have done better?  Sure.  But, it's just like baseball.  You can hit a hard line drive, but if there is someone there in the right place to catch the ball, it's still an out.  Fishing is a sport where things have to work out in your favor, and they don't always do that.  All you can do is put all your knowledge together to try and make the best outcome happen, and with the right preperation they will.  But, s*)#t happens...

By the way, anyone know where to order parts for a Shimano Stradic?   

T-bone said:

Excuses? Or learning experiences? Thats why I asked aaron what he changed.
Aaron, what did you change? To pats credit, you did list excusses. What did you change to alter the outcome? Not trying to be a hard a$s on ya,but chalanging your above response may teach you something.
Pat, if your gonna call someone out, why don't you ask why people feel the need to mention how good they did in practice and did'nt even fish. Or the guy that said he spent too much time trying to screw another guy off his spot? Is that how you all do it out here?

Cris, as much as I hate to say this, you are right.  I didn't win anything, so I shouldn't be the guy giving info up anyways.  I was just answering the depth question.  I didn't know that this site was designed to make Tag a better fisherman though. 

Maybe my answer should have been limited to "I can't speak for everyone, but it seamed like the bite was around 40 feet."

Cris, don't get a big head about me saying you are kind of right.  You are still a moron.

Aaron,

I learned something on Saturday as well.

The first thing I learned is that Bess's idea of fizzing the fish through the top of the head doesn't work; unless your goal is to kill the fish. He did catch the fish so he can fizz them any way he likes I suppose. I didn't think that .40 pounds of penalty would matter much anyway but as it turns out it took us from getting some lunch money to not.

The second thing I learned is that saving a stranded boat can also take you from being in the money to out of the money. That is if the boat you picked up had a better bag than you and you end up first out of the money.

One other tidbit I picked up is some guys are more appreciative of being picked up and cashing a check because of it than others.

I was kidding about Mike killing the fish. They did die but it certainly wasn't his fault.

We had one croak too. I hate loosing a fish.

Josh Potter said:

Aaron,

The first thing I learned is that Bess's idea of fizzing the fish through the top of the head doesn't work; unless your goal is to kill the fish. He did catch the fish so he can fizz them any way he likes I suppose. I didn't think that .40 pounds of penalty would matter much anyway but as it turns out it took us from getting some lunch money to not.

The second thing I learned is that saving a stranded boat can also take you from being in the money to out of the money. That is if the boat you picked up had a better bag than you and you end up first out of the money.

One other tidbit I picked up is some guys are more appreciative of being picked up and cashing a check because of it than others.

I was kidding about Mike killing the fish. They did die but it certainly wasn't his fault.

rookie mistake

Josh Potter said:

Aaron,

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service