Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I added a discussion to the tournament group with the details.
Bring all your smack talk out to lake Sammamish on February 18th and take a shot at a cool $1000.00 for the big fish option pot, and much more!

Views: 2707

Replies to This Discussion

anyone need a partner :D

I think he is threatening us...

Josh Potter said:

I can't wait.

Willie Parsons said:
You and Bess should plan on that tactic this year, I look forward to seeing you there.
We have received some paid entries already so we are on pace for another great year!
Bess and Potter were the first to get theirs in! (that doesn't sound right)

We figured if we were the first to send in the entry, we would get first in the tourney.  Being first is better than being second....

I was thinking I would post something about the first team to send in thier entry could be first boat out or something like that, then I got the mail....

We will have a drawing for a skunk pot in case your plan falls through.

Josh and I are officially filing a protest!

Hey Willie , is there an off-limits for this one?

Last year we had the entire weekend and week before the tournament off limits, I really think it was a benefit to fish and anglers. We haven't decided on it yet but will post an off limit period well in advance. Thanks for bringing it up Shawn.
Regarding an off limit period, we will not be able to impose off limits due to the fact that there are too many entry forms out there without any wording about it on them, seems there is always something to overlook and this happens to be the one that got away. With that said I would like to suggest that we don't beat them up beforehand.
Also want to remind everyone about the discovery pass issue, on top of the $7.00 launch fee we all must either have a yearly discover pass or pay the extra $10.00 at the meter. I believe there is another park pass that will cover state park fees but I am not sure how it is named. The new ranger at the park let me know that they will be enforcing it so please don't blame anyone but yourself if you are ticketed. Most of us don't like the added fee but it's been in place since last July and we need to comply.

Only about three weeks left! For all those folks who are unsure about fishing this tournament, I encourage you all to come by anyways. Grab a free hotdog, get in on the awsome raffle, and check out all the cool stuff that will be there thanks to our sponsors. Limit Out Marine will be there with a SWEET new Pheonix boat to take people on demo rides. Kevin Jones will be there with a bunch of great products to check out, including: Dobyns rods, Lews Reels, Rattle Trap baits, Big Bite Baits, Plano tackle boxes, and Sunline. Also, thanks to Kevin, Humminbird, and Minn Kota will also be sponsoring this event. Thanks to all of our other sponsors as well for making this happen each year: Density Tackle, KGM Custom Baits, Sniper lures, G Loomis, Quick Drops, Sportco, Auburn Sports and Marine, Nixon's Marine, Three Rivers Marine, WA Fish, Lighthouse Marine, Tacoma Marine Repair, Sunset Chevrolet, Edward Jones, Arndt Company, APP, Tucci & Sons, Delta Technology. These are the folks, along with all of you, that make these events happen, so lets help them help us by supporting these great companies.

And whether or not your going to take a shot at the $1000 big fish pot, come on down and spend the afternoon at the lake, and check out the action.

Hope to see y'all there!

I want to thank everyone that showed up yesterday, I guess when you have a tournament in February your rolling the dice on what the weather will do and we got snake eyes yesterday!
What a day, with only 4-5 areas on the lake that were somewhat sheltered from the never ending wind it was tough to find something to fish and when you did you really had a tough time getting a bait down to present it in a way they would bite, at least for us anyway.
We had the first repeat winners this year.
Big fish, 3.35 Johnson and Cooper
1st place, Greg Johnson, John Cooper, 8.12 lbs
2nd place, Mike Wolsky, Ron Hobbs, 7.53 lbs
3rd place, Jordan Doucet, Chris Rider, 7.14 lbs
4th place, Shawn McDaniel, Jaymee Strasbaugh, 5.58 lbs
5th place, Mike Hastings, Frank White, 5.38 lbs
28 boats, 4 limits, 23 fish caught, 2 dead fish, 11 boats caught fish, 17 skunked
Thanks again to all the sponsors that made this happen, I will list them all in the tournament group.

Willie,  it was still a great event in spite of the weather.  I however scored it a little different.  Mother nature 28, bass fisherman 0.......  She definitely beat the hell out of everyone....  congrats to the winners and those that stuck it out...  We came in about 1:30, and threw our only fish back before weigh in.  By that time more than half the field had already left, and we were soaked to the bone and flat just freezing.  Had plenty of bites but with the conditions could only manage 1 in the boat.

Mark

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service