Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Views: 4590

Replies to This Discussion

The rules for this event will be posted on our website shortly.

So biggest fish after the 2 days will get the top prize ?  If this was a westside tourney it would make more sense to be a 1 day, but since its Potholes and we're all traveling, I understand the 2 day concept.  Sounds frickin cool !  Nice job LOM.

Chris,

Yes that is correct. Also paying 1st & 2nd big fish per hour each hour on Sunday.

Can't wait, it'll be my first in regards to the format. Pretty cool!

So let me get this straight.  The biggest fish of the 2 day tourney gets 10 g's like the guy holding the check in your picture right? If so I'm in.

I just read through all the rules.  Is there a boat limit on Potholes ?  I have a tendency to procrastinate, don't want it to fill up. 

If we see 100 boats $10K will be paid for biggest fish of the event and hourly pay-outs for 1st and 2nd biggest fish for both days will be paid on Sunday. We believe there is a 200 boat maximum for Potholes.

Teams from Idaho, Oregon, and Washington are already signing up.

What are the hourly payouts for 1st and 2nd?

Joel,

It really depends on the total. If we get the 100 boats we were thinking of paying out for first - $400 and for 2nd - $200 of each hour. If we get 150 boats we may pay 3rd big fish of each hour.

Sorry if I sound ignorant...but how does that work?  If you catch a big fish, you run back to have it weighed????

Yup.  If you get a nice one at 8:30 am, you can try to get it back in for the 9am weigh-in time.  I believe you can hold onto the fish all day long, but calling around to your buddies asking if they know what the biggest fish for ___ hour is, is considered ILLEGAL.  

Am I correct Russ ?

Russ Kroeker said:

Sorry if I sound ignorant...but how does that work?  If you catch a big fish, you run back to have it weighed????

Where does it say in the rules that mobile devices are not allowed during tournament hours? I have never seen this in any local tournament..... FLW does it but it's for the solicitation of information between competitors and non competitors. But this cannot be avoided by the non use of cell phones because a guy in a boat down the bank from you and you ask how fishing is and he you there is an 8 pounder in a bush over there, you just solicited information which is illegal in FLW but I don't see the rules of soliciting of information from non competitors either......What's the difference between calling competitors or talking to them on the water? Nothing they are competition. Does it need to get this picky? Text blast or Facebook posts twitter should be used so we know what the biggest fish that has been weighed in..... that would be awesome and it would also cut down on too many people at the tanks and fish being in live wells that don't need to be there. The other good thing You could follow it and get more Facebook twitter followers for the sponsoring dealer. Why carry a 5 pounder all the way back to weigh in to climb out on the dock and someone tells you a 7 was just weighed guys would just turn around and wait for the next hour, running in boats is harder on the fish than a boat sitting and fishing.

The old big fish tournaments I would take 2 fish in at a time weigh one in at 8:55 for 8 o clock hour and then wait 5 minutes and weigh one in at 9 for 9 o'clock hour.... old tournaments I fished where like that they were by the hour any fished weighed between 8 and 859 were 8 o clock hour from 9 to 959 9 o'clock hour. Makes more sense then trying to weigh 100 teams at exactly 9 o'clock breaks it up so no back ups at the scale.

Chris Blandi said:

Yup.  If you get a nice one at 8:30 am, you can try to get it back in for the 9am weigh-in time.  I believe you can hold onto the fish all day long, but calling around to your buddies asking if they know what the biggest fish for ___ hour is, is considered ILLEGAL.  

Am I correct Russ ?

Russ Kroeker said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service