Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Views: 4590

Replies to This Discussion

There's an awesome website I use for teaching called Reminder 101.
Basically Limit Out Marine will create an account which will allow them to send out group text through this program once everyone signs up.
It's very easy to use. Limit Out will be assigned a phone number and all we have to do to sign up it send a text to that number.
Once everyone is signed up Limit Out will be able to send out group text very easily, and the cool part is that no one can respond to the texts so limit out won't be bombarded by texts from anglers

What Ron describes is what ive heard of a nd watched on TV. I believe the live updating system should be included. 

I almost would rather have the "unknown" factor.  If you think your 5lb fish will hold up for the hour, then roll the dice.  This also keeps people around until the ceremony just because they don't know if they have won hourly money or not.  Either way they decide to do this is going to be a blast.  

If you go with unknown DJ I'll just have my fiancé and new baby girl stand by the weigh in and send me updates...that's gives me a huge advantage...I like that plan:-)
Exactly..... but who doesn't have access to Facebook or Twitter on their phones, but I like your idea Joel text blasts, UNKNOWN Factor.... I don't know if that exists, you always know who won before the awards. Text blasts should only have fish weights not Anglers names that way it leaves you wondering who caught what.

Joel Alinen said:
If you go with unknown DJ I'll just have my fiancé and new baby girl stand by the weigh in and send me updates...that's gives me a huge advantage...I like that plan:-)

I say let Limit Out decide how THEY want to run THEIR tournament. Then the Anglers can comply with the rules or choose not to fish it.

Seems pretty simple to me.  

Spoken like true liberal!!!! Ha ha! I just kid, Jon!

Jon Sessler said:

I say let Limit Out decide how THEY want to run THEIR tournament. Then the Anglers can comply with the rules or choose not to fish it.

I agree with Jon this time.  Well said Jon. Short  and simple.  There are different versions of this format all over the Country.  Whatever rules Russ and his guys come up with are the rules to comply with.  If you don't like them.....don't go.

Jeff

Jon Sessler said:

A lot of businesses are run into the ground because people at the top didn't listen to customers, constituents, employees etc...  

It is LOM's tourney, but there may be some excellent points made that allow it to be the best it can be.  Certainly taking care of big fish, and allowing for organized weigh-ins should be a priority. 

I have not seen any rules as of yet or format, but I will comply to the fullest think guys are throwing out ideas just to see if they will stick

The rules are posted on our website for all to view. Thanks for all the ideas about posting weights. We will probably have a board on the dock that will show each hours weights for big fish.

When my wife calls can I answer my phone or is your phone suppose to be off the whole time? The way the rule is stated that you are not to use a cellular device so I am assuming they are to be off..... so I hope no one uses it to see what time it is or the setting of an alarm 15 minutes before weigh in because that means you should be instantly disqualified because it is being "used"
I don't like rules that are not really enforceable because what's the first thing guys do when official time is said outloud, that's right 75% look at there cell phone clock.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service