Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hey guys, this board is getting a little boring, I want something to read!  This post is all about your favorite couple fishing memories that you have made over this last year as 2011 winds down, I have been reflecting about all the fish caught and memories I have made over the past year.  So lets hear them.....how you fell in the water, you caught your PB, you caught the most or just a outing that was special....basically the fishing adventure that you will never forget! 

Views: 2704

Replies to This Discussion

Soo many memories in 2011 , Ill go over my top three :

1) "Country Chris"

OMG !!  What chris fail too mention about the 30days venture to tennessee is the day i realized that he  developed a slight change in his communication  with others . He started saying DANG IT , DER , Y'ALL , NAW , ETC  . It was super funny too hear chris talk with a draw , So from that day on he got the name "Country Chris " 

2)Fun day on the lake :

I will never forget my first trip too Lk Chelan this season . My Partner tyler and I  decided to hit lk chelan back here in april . I had never in my life caught soo many big smallmouth in one outing like we did that day , our best five went over 20lbs "EACH" !!

Thinking back on that day we manage to boat over 30 fish easy , that truly was a day i will not forget for some time . Later on that day after getting out the lake Tyler says "Sorry Dez , the bite was kind of slow today bud"  .. my reply back was "Dude are you crazy , thats was freaking amazing "  ..haha

3) Rookies on the River :

This year fishing the river was a new venture for both my partner and I , We had many ups & Downs there . I will never forget the morning we decided to cruise into Casey Pond in search of the roadbed , As we came off pad and just started to slow down i recall Tyler saying "I think we are pretty close to the roadbed , its suppose to be around here somewhere "  When all of sudden BAMM !!  Needless to say not only did we find the darn roadbed we also just rammed the outboard into it ..

Shortly afterwards , Us rookies begin fishing the Roadbed that just about Tanked the boat . Im standing there chunking away when my partner yells out "Got a bite"  , I look over and witness A full Bend in his rod as he set the hook .The costly problem was that he didnt have his Drag properly set on his reel , So when he attempted to set the hook he pretty much just ripped  drag . All of sudden this Monster Smallmouth comes shooting out the water (well over 6lbs) , We both yelled "WHOAAA"  then we witness his hook fall out the beast mouth , "AWWWW" ! LOL  That fish still too this day hunts Tyler , that would have been a PB for him ... lol

Dez

Wow, I could probably fill the whole thread with stories but some of my most memorable trips/experiences on the year would be.

1) Getting my first Ranger. In reality my first real bass boat. The 11 ft Sorenson did the job but this is much nicer to fish out of.

2) Fishing Whatcom for the first time for the Spring Open and somehow got big fish for the tourney.  Now I get to fish it 3-5 times a week. 

3) Finally got my wife out on the water to actually fish and not read or sunbath.  The first cast she takes she throws in my (I guess I should say "our") Lamiglas certified pro in, which I had just gotten.  I acted fast as it was slowly sinking and took my cell and wallet out and dove in.  The water was in the mid 40's and cold.  I managed to get down deep enough to get it before it sunk to the bottom (30+ft.)  Needless to say she doesn't get to use that rod any more.  She has a Lami guides choice she gets to use now.  Looking back on the situation I'm guessing this was her way of saying "Let me read" or "lets go in".  Soaking wet and cold I quickly changed into my rain gear and fished the rest of the evening showing her that throwing in an expensive set up will not get her on land any quicker.

4) Fishing a new lake for two days with Tag.  Learning frog fishing and punching deep cover from a great fisherman.

5) Having three friends catch their first bass. Spinnerbait and Senko x 2.Then having one of them really get excited about fishing.  He spent almost as much time on the water as I did and he has a lot of quality fish under his belt now.

6) Having a great fishing mentor and a good friend.  Without his willingness to share tips and tricks I wouldn't be catching close to as many fish I caught last year.   

As mentioned earlier I have  a lot of good memories of this last year.  But these are some of the highlights.

Man this year has been filled with some great memories for sure.

1. 2nd place on the river.

Fished the ray stanley memorial tourney this year for the first time ever with my buddy dustin. We had never been on this body of water or fished a river for bass in general. We went over the weekend before and prefished. Prefishing wasn't going as planned as we weren't finding the right fish for the first few hours. It wasn't until we changed up tactics and just started chucking and winding the bank that we figured em out. The water was 10-15 degrees cooler then normal and the visibility was little to nothing. Started catching quality fish after quality fish on rattle traps and spinnerbaits. We ended the day with a 20+lb bag.

Go back the next weekend and we run back to our magic stretch of bank and sure enough 4th cast i put a 4.4lb smallie in the boat. We pounded that stretch of bank three times throughout the day. We came back into weigh in and ended up weighing in 20.26lbs of smallies for 2nd place. We took home the prize for big smallie as well with two at 4.4lbs.

2. Lake Wa Green Bounty

It was the day after the berkley tourney on Sammamish where we just flat out sucked. Decided to say screw it and went to lake wa the next day. We started out fishing smallies and nothing was going on so said what the hell and went largies. We fished this small spot where the water was 4 degrees warmer and muddied up. We only ended up getting 3 bites that day but they were 3 great ones. My buddy and I caught a 7.4,6.7,4.12. So we had 3 fish for 18.7lbs. Ran into the capital city guys who were having a club tourney and there winning bag was 5 smallies for right around 15 or 16lbs. It felt great getting those largies that day in less then 3ft of water too. Made for some nice surface fights.

3. King County Flipping Jig Green

Went to a small king county lake middle of may with nothing tied on but a Tag Watson jig. I flipped that jig while my buddy ryan flipped his own jig that day. We knew this lake has monster green as we had seen one over 8lbs before we got our first bite. Ryan laid the wood into a solid 4.11 on his jig in some developing pads. Kept hitting the shore line till I flipped the jig under the dock and got wacked. Reared back on her and landed a nice 5.6lb largie. We had developed a pattern that we used the rest of the time there and ended up with another 5.1 and 3 other fish. The best five went 23.4lbs. It was my first day with 20+lbs and even greater catching them on Tags jig.

Decided in

is that pattison lake????

I would have to agree that 2011 was an outstanding year of fishing. My highlight reel goes a little something like this.....

1) Joining Evergreen Bass Club and fishing all of the club tourneys this year. Had big fish in the first three tourneys, and ended up tied for 3rd in points for the year. In a club stacked full of good sticks, I dont know how I pulled that off....But it was an awesome year with an awesome club.

2)I got to fish Falcon Lake with my brother! We hired a guide, who turned out to be one of the best there is on Falcon, and proceeded to have a day of fishing that was unforgettable. We started the morning throwing cranks at a rocky point with submerged trees on either side, and pulled fish after fish between 4-7 lbs. After the crank bite started to slow, I switched to a Texas rigged magnum super fluke, and my brother to a skirted jig and big beaver combo. I ended up landing my pb fish right at 9 lb, and he got one just over 8. The rest of the day we spent working our way in and out of creeks on the Mexico side, landing a total of about 55 fish, nothing less than 3 lbs. Our best 5 for the day went over 36 lbs! That's the stuff dreams are made of!

3) Making the club team to fish in the club fish off, and helping to win another title for Evergreen. The bag we weighed wasn't anything spectacular, but it was cool being able to help the team out.

This was my rookie season, and it was about as good a year as I could have hoped for.

The first highlight of the year came with a wake up call in the form of a rooster tail bath at the Freeze your bASS tournament while Larry Enyart and I were headed to our first spot. I was taking it easy running along the buoy line due to the fog and frigid temps when some A Hole cut between us and the buoy and soaked us. We got to the spot and all the rods were froze to the deck, couldn't get the compartments open and had ice on our clothes, we caught 3 fish there once we could function. Moved around a few times and ended up with 7 fish for the day and a nice third place finish.
Second highlight, my son Tyler and I fished the spring open, we got to the first spot just before Wolski and Hobbs, caught a 4.3 smallie second cast, (highlight kind of ends here)
We were whacking them for 45 minutes but didn't figure out how to get any bigger ones so we left, after the tourney Ron said after you left we put the wood to them there, they finished in the money, we didn't, lesson learned!
I got to spend a lot of time fishing with Chris Ferry this year, he has become a great friend and mentor, we had some great times this year from trying to duplicate Tag's swim bait bite on Whatcom to freezing our ass off on Riffe lake in the spring.
Can't wait for next year. Great topic Ron, thanks for getting us to pause and reflect on the year.
The Take a Warrior fishing event was right up there at the top again this year, it is an honor and pleasure to be able to give back a little bit to those that protect us all.
It was a white skeeter, nice try.

2011 memories

-winning the club vs club fish off again

-the amazing fishing during low-water at Banks

-for the first time ever, having the opportunity to win 3 consecutive tournies, only to blow our first day lead at the frostbite tourny after everything went south

-catching tons and tons of quality largemouth

-Take a Warrier Fishing event

2012 memories

-winning the club vs club fish off for the third time

Thanks brother we did have some cool fishing adventures this year and you are becoming a hell of a good fisherman. Glad I've been able to share my fishing knowledge with you there's nobody nicer that's why you have the nick name "Jesus with a haircut" yeah you can thank Tag for that.

Willie Parsons said:
The first highlight of the year came with a wake up call in the form of a rooster tail bath at the Freeze your bASS tournament while Larry Enyart and I were headed to our first spot. I was taking it easy running along the buoy line due to the fog and frigid temps when some A Hole cut between us and the buoy and soaked us. We got to the spot and all the rods were froze to the deck, couldn't get the compartments open and had ice on our clothes, we caught 3 fish there once we could function. Moved around a few times and ended up with 7 fish for the day and a nice third place finish.
Second highlight, my son Tyler and I fished the spring open, we got to the first spot just before Wolski and Hobbs, caught a 4.3 smallie second cast, (highlight kind of ends here)
We were whacking them for 45 minutes but didn't figure out how to get any bigger ones so we left, after the tourney Ron said after you left we put the wood to them there, they finished in the money, we didn't, lesson learned!
I got to spend a lot of time fishing with Chris Ferry this year, he has become a great friend and mentor, we had some great times this year from trying to duplicate Tag's swim bait bite on Whatcom to freezing our ass off on Riffe lake in the spring.
Can't wait for next year. Great topic Ron, thanks for getting us to pause and reflect on the year.
The Take a Warrior fishing event was right up there at the top again this year, it is an honor and pleasure to be able to give back a little bit to those that protect us all.

Yep that's what I meant to say, sorry for the typo's.
Clif Kincaid said:
It was foggy and glaucoma may have affected you!

My best memory of the year was a 45 minute span I had on a small lake in Michigan.  It was mid June and the fishing had been decent for the last couple days but I couldnt get anything over 3 pounds.  One evening the weather was starting to get nasty and I had about an hour before we were leaving to go to dinner, it was gonna be a quick fish so I grabbed the rod, some 4/0 gammies and a pack of flukes and jumped on the jetski.  First stop, 3rd or 4th cast and I get crushed jumping the fluke across some lilypads. It was a nice 3.5 lber.  From then on for the next 45 minutes it was lights out.  I put numerous 3.5-4 lbers in the boat and the last stop of the day I made a long cast along a deep weed line and let the fluke just sit on the bottom for 20-30 seconds.  I made one small twitch and and the rod got ripped from my hands.  It was a good fight and I when I finally lipped the pig it was my PB for a largie.  No scale, but I estimated it around 6lbs.  My best 5 probably went just over 19lbs, it was pretty sweet for a 45 min span.  

I have 2 moments that really stick out for me.  1st one was the Potholes Open where my wife and I took 8th place.  The thing that made that moment great was that my wife caught our 2 biggest fish.  Both were smallies and went a little over 4lbs.  She was super excited and I could not have been happier.  The second was being able to move onto Lake Tapps and enjoy the lake with my kids.  I pulled up on a spot this summer in the evening and I rigged up my 3 kids rods and together, they caught 9 or 10 smallies, all 2-3lbs with the biggest going a little over 4lbs.  Not bad for a 10, 7 and 5 year old!  They were so freaking out with excitement and from that moment on, they were all hooked.  The rest of the summer, I would come home from work and find my kids on the dock fishing!  How sweet is that!

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service