Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

This is an awesome opportunity for someone to shine. I will set up Randy with baits and a rod to take home. I will also show up and send you guys off with snacks, lunch, water or what ever i can do to make this huge for Randy. 

So what ever we have to do i am 200% behind helping to make this happen. One thing though is if is to happen this weekend i need to know before Thursday because of NW BASS this Saturday. After Sunday i am free. So if we can wait until next week were golden. i can show up anytime.

Dan Johnson

Views: 268

Replies to This Discussion

We're fishing this Sunday midmorning. Meeting up with the Littles, Joanne and Randy. What I heard from Toms wife, Dan Johnson just dropped off an impressive amount of tackle and gear for us to fish with. My job is to get Randy on some fish. I was planning to drop shot the rock piles near the 90 bridge and heading out to Maydenbaur point for perch. Any of you have any other ideas send me a pm. Remember we're fishing out of a pontoon boat with someone who can't use half of his body and probably can only fish for a couple hours.

Wish us luck guys!

Paul

Sparky said:
Is Tom,Janice or Logan a Wafish normal on here?Is anything anybody offered being used to help?Did anybody make contact verbaly with this family?
Dan, KZOO,The Little's and all others that jumped in on this deal are Hero's in my book! Unbelievable how something of this magnatude could come together so fast. You guys are awesome!
Anything you guys need let me know I will do my best to get it put together.. call me or email me at wabassguy1@yahoo.com or 206-713-0003

Some really great people on this site.
I'm sure Jordan will take care of it, if he can't right away I'll front it and we'll take care of it later.
Jordan,

I'd like to donate a rod/reel combo and some baits. We live close to eachother, so let me know if you need anything and I can drop it by.
Hi Buck,
i think were covered in that department for Randy. Thanks for the generous offer. Your ideas are welcome to make this event for Randy last well past his fishing outing. From what i gather more tackle for Randy might not really be the answer. But his sister, as i understand, feels a bit neglected and just might be a worthy recipient of a nice combo. get with kzoo and see if you guys can meet sunday morn to send them off or maybe even join them. That would be really nice ! thanks Buck ............
dj

Buck Brunner said:
Jordan,

I'd like to donate a rod/reel combo and some baits. We live close to eachother, so let me know if you need anything and I can drop it by.
Buck,

We're planning on launching out of newport by 10:00 AM Sunday, I'll be there a little earlier rigging up rigs and helping the Littles out. Either you can meet us there or if you want me to meet you somewhere, we can work something out, just send me a message. Thanks for the support.

Paul
Kzoo and I are going to hook up and make sure we have shirts for the crew that day and any other necessary gear.

Thanks guys for the help, looking forward to hearing the story kzoo.

Jordan
We can wheel randy up to the boat and he can take a step or two into the boat as long as it isn't a big step up or down. Then we can have his wheelchair ready on the boat so he can sit back down. He still likes to do as much as he can so he will try hard.

kzoo said:
Tom,
Sign me up! Let me know when and where this weekend!
Paul

Logan Little said:
Morning Guys,

Although exact times have not been determined, it looks like Sunday morning would be a good time for Randy and his family. Paul, if you're still available it would be great to have you help out with the fishing. I have plenty of rods (spinning and bait casting) with a more than adequate supply of any kind of tackle. I also have rod holders and a trolling motor if you would prefer to troll. I don't know what to do about comfortably tranferring Randy onto the boat. If we can't do it where I'm moored we might be better off using the boat launch right next to Newport. I guess we'll figure this out when the time comes. Tom Little
Thanks for the support everyone! It was a windy in the morning and when the sun came out, out came the boat traffic. We dropshotted night crawlers at the point at Newport. This was Randy's first time fishing, he had a huge hit right off the bat, but never connected. At the end of the day, Randy had a couple perch and the little sister slayed the perch and got a nice smallie. We did the boat ride to check out Gates house and the T-rex house and had to call at a day.

Special thanks for Brian Walters for helping out and pitching in a new rig and clothing apparel, Dan Johnson for flipping a new rig and lures to Randy, Jordan Douchet for throwing a bunch of WAFish shirts, and most important the Littles. The Littles boat was perfect and supplied a phenomenal lunch, they definitely went beyond the call of duty on this one.

Like Sparky pointed out, King 5 was there. Seattle Times also paid us a visit.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/A-Dying-Wish-Fulfilled-98209439.html
Way to go, WAFish! All of you who helped to make Randy and Joanne's dream a reality are what is great about WAFish, fishing, and fishermen. Best wishes and prayers for Randy and family and friends.

ciao,
Marc Marcantonio
A year and a half ago when I created this website, I never would have thought that it would have this kind of affect on someone's life. What Paul, Bryan, the Littles, and Dan Johnson did today has made every second of creating, maintaining and moderating this website worth it. I can't explain the feeling I have to play a small part in Randy, Joanne and their families lives during this difficult time for them. I have made a donation to the Chris Elliot Fund http://www.chriselliottfund.org/index.html on behalf of the website. I encourage alll of you to do the same.

Joanne,
If there is anything else we can do for Randy, you, or your family let us know. Fishing or none fishing related. We have people from all different backgrounds and professions that I am sure would be willing to help you out.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service