Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Evergreen Bass club is hosting the 6th annual Freeze your bASS blast again this year on Feb. 18th 2012 on Lake Sammamish.

This has been a great way to kick off the year for a while so get the boat ready and come out and take a shot at the $1000.00 big fish pot again this year.

All proceeds go towards our 4th annual Take a Warrior fishing event to be held in July, what a great way to thank the men and women who sacrifice so much for us all.

There has been an average of 30 boats in the past so let's see if we can hit 40 this year and help out a great cause.

We are keeping the 3 fish limit in place again and are offering one unlucky team their money back if they don't catch anything during the tournament, and as always we will have free hot dogs, doughnuts and coffee for all that show up. Our raffle has been worth the trip alone and we don't plan on it being any less this year.

Download the entry form and get it in the mail now, there is a $10.00 cash only late fee the day of the tournament so get them in early, (t also helps us plan ahead a little)

Thank you all for your support in the past and we hope you all can come out and kick the new year off with us.

Email evergreenbassclub@comcast.net with any questions

or give me a call at 253-606-0518.

Views: 1158

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

NickBerto said:

I'll put in my guess...

1. Wolsky

2. Doucet/Rider

3. Lowe/Librande

I don't think the weights will be as high. 9.7lbs to win with a 3.8 big fish. I wasn't out there but heard there were a lot of boats out there over the weekend, hope everyone didn't beat up all their stuff too bad!

Hope everyone has a great time at this tournament, should be a good one!

That's what I find funny, pre fishing for this event is worthless.  There are a few key spots on the lake.  Why bother to catch those fish prefishing when you know that they WILL be there come tourney day.  I don't bother prefishing for any winter event anymore, waste of time and fish.

Mark

Is Mike fishing by himself?

NickBerto said:

I'll put in my guess...

1. Wolsky

2. Doucet/Rider

3. Lowe/Librande

I don't think the weights will be as high. 9.7lbs to win with a 3.8 big fish. I wasn't out there but heard there were a lot of boats out there over the weekend, hope everyone didn't beat up all their stuff too bad!

Ron will be wearing camo so we won't see him.
I feel the same about prefishing for this event, since I'm not smart enough to find the few good areas I just wander around until something looks good and drop a line over and see what happens!

Mark Maderos said:

NickBerto said:

I'll put in my guess...

1. Wolsky

2. Doucet/Rider

3. Lowe/Librande

That's what I find funny, pre fishing for this event is worthless.  There are a few key spots on the lake.  Why bother to catch those fish prefishing when you know that they WILL be there come tourney day.  I don't bother prefishing for any winter event anymore, waste of time and fish.

Mark

That's what O'Connell and myself will be doing!

Willie Parsons said:

I feel the same about prefishing for this event, since I'm not smart enough to find the few good areas I just wander around until something looks good and drop a line over and see what happens!

Mark Maderos said:

NickBerto said:

I'll put in my guess...

1. Wolsky

2. Doucet/Rider

3. Lowe/Librande

Mark

Lets just see some nice fish brought in and good luck to everyone out there. Be safe too. Nobody pull a Maderos out there and throw yourself in! I hope the winning weight is in the 12 lb range again. That would be sweet, especially if its out of our boat!

So the lates weather report I just saw was for 43 degrees, rain and 17mph winds.  Should be really fun!

Results as follows,
Big fish, 3.35 Johnson and Cooper
1st, Greg Johnson, john Cooper, 3 fish, 8.12 lbs First repeat winners!
2nd, Mike Wolsky, Ron Hobbs jr., 3 fish, 7.53
3rd, Jordan Doucet, Chris Rider, 3 fish, 7.14
4th, Shawn McDaniel, Jaymee Strasbaugh, 3 fish 5.85
5th, Mike Hastings, Frank White, 2 fish, 5.38
28 boats, 11 boats caught fish, 17 skunked, 23 fish caught, 2 dead, 4 limits, all smallmouth.

Thanks need to go out to all the sponsors that made this and most events in our area possible, please support our local companies that have shown support to all of us.

Auburn Sports
Three rivers marine/ Dobyns rods
Quick Drops/Marc
Panick Minnow/ Brian
Air Commodities
Delta Technologies
Berkley pure fishing
Wafish / Jordan
Limit out marine
Anglers marine
Nixons marine
Scafco
Sportco
KGM baits
Sniper Lures
Edward Jones/Al Lewis office
Tucci and sons
Arndt company
Associated petroleum
Sessler inc.
G Loomis rods
Bill Lewis rattle traps
Sunline
Big Bite baits
Plano tackle boxes
Kevin Jones
Lamar Lovelace
Chad Simon
Jim Owens/Kast for kids
The Bass Federation
And all the members of Evergreen Bass club that donated time and effort to make this happen again.
If I have missed anyone I apologize, my ears are still ringing from the wind.

Not all 17 boats skunked...officially yes, but we pitched our 1 before we succumbed to the elements and tough bite.

I thought I saw you guys catch one, there were a few that put one back and left, it was ugly for sure.

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported this event! Considering the weather, it was a great turnout. Those that stuck it out all day on the water are animals! There were alot of boat problems that knocked some folks out early, and the unrelenting conditions eventually got to others. Congrats to those that cashed a check! It was a tough day for sure.

Even though the numbers were down from last year, we were still able to raise some money for the Take a Warrior Fishing event in July 14th. Stay tuned, we will be looking for some boaters to volunteer for that event, as we are shooting to accomodate 100 soldiers this year.

I would also like to say thanks to Evergreen for puttin on a great tournament! The wind and waves were some of the worst conditions i have been in,in years .Jaymee and i were lucky enough to get our fish within the first 2 hrs. The rest of the day was a grind as my 24volt system started to slowly crap out on us and we weren't able to hold on our spots to fish slow enough to get the bites. The trip back from up north was very interesting and took some time, grateful to get back dry and in one piece . But as crazy as we all are for being out there ,im sure we would do it again in a second.

Lookin forward to the Take a Warrior fishing event. Hope i can make it this year. And would like to see everyone try to make the Puyallup Hawg hunters Washington open next month. Should be a good tourney and im expecting some big weights! See ya there.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service