Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hello everyone.  I wanted to invite you all to the 2012 Lake Washington Open on March 24th.  Drivers meeting will be at 6:25 a.m. with late registration from 5:00 to 6:25 a.m. There will be a 6:45 blast off and 3:00 weigh in.  Entry fees are $120 per team, with $20 option and $20 big fish pots also.  The off limits will be from Sunday at midnight to blast off.  We will have doughnuts and coffee in the morning thanks to Limit Out Marine.  Hope to see you all there!

www.puyallup-hawg-hunters.com

Views: 3403

Replies to This Discussion

What happened to the traditional Hawg Hunters Open Tourney? How many years had it been on Lake Sammamish, 15+? Good luck with the event, is it at Gene Coulon? I hope not the launch fee there is just short of rape. Good luck with your turn out.

19 years. It will be at Coulon, and I agree, way too expensive. The facilities are the best on the lake though. We moved to provide a unique event. Everyone has been beating up Samamish every winter for years now. We thought that having it on Washington would provide an opportunity for some variety.

My reccomendation for you:

The launch at Kenmore is free, and you would only go through about $30 in gas to get to Coulon from there! 

Or you can purchase an annual launch permit for Coulon for $100.

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

What happened to the traditional Hawg Hunters Open Tourney? How many years had it been on Lake Sammamish, 15+? Good luck with the event, is it at Gene Coulon? I hope not the launch fee there is just short of rape. Good luck with your turn out.

I for one am glad to see the event of Washington.  Will be looking forward to seeing guys there and yeah, the city of renton is definitely raping the community with those launch fees.

Mark

That's what I never understood about Coulon or Spanaway. We pay steep launch fees just so they can pay the park employees and maintenance costs. They don't charge a dime to use, swim, or park your vehicle! Makes no sense! The next cost that we will probably incrue is a short term morage fee to dock up during weigh-ins. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to fishing this tournament for the first time.

Mark Maderos said:

I for one am glad to see the event of Washington.  Will be looking forward to seeing guys there and yeah, the city of renton is definitely raping the community with those launch fees.

Mark

Parking meeters on the dock? Make sure your boat has quarters in it.

Chad Simon said:

That's what I never understood about Coulon or Spanaway. We pay steep launch fees just so they can pay the park employees and maintenance costs. They don't charge a dime to use, swim, or park your vehicle! Makes no sense! The next cost that we will probably incrue is a short term morage fee to dock up during weigh-ins. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to fishing this tournament for the first time.

Mark Maderos said:

Mark

I like the change to washington personally  , I bet this change will attract new anglers imo .

Sammy is a fun lake to fish early season but once you have more than 15 boats out there it becomes a much different lake . Washington on the other hand has a lot more water and spots to cover over 8hrs of fishing ..Good Call Hawghunters :)

I just finished my cooler livewell set up in the back of my car and am ready to put it to use. Thanks to the legal input from others on this site, I realized I needed to be entered in a tournament to transport live fish. I plan to use this event as my first trial.I plan on entering alone.

As far as a tournament ribbon, will that need to be on my vehicle? Or does it stay with me? I intend to park as close to docks/shorline as I can, but may not be within eye sight of the vehicle at all times.

Also I imagine everyone takes off at the same time in the morning. Thats how we did it back home. Will I be required to be standing near the dock, or can I sit in my vehicle and listen for the starting whistle? I ask this because I do not plan on starting at coulon.

Really looking forward to this. I think you guys are in for a suprise. In fact, I predict I will win.
The rules say that your contest banner must be Around your engine and visible. So, you are going to have to remove your fenders and Hood. Also, make sure your life vest is buckled before you start your engine. You will also need to rig a working kill switch in case you fly out of your vehicle at speed. (We can only hope.) Trolling is illegal, so I don't want to catch you driving back and forth across the bridges with a rod out your window.

Livewell checks will be at the end of the dock prior to blast off. You are going to have to find a creative way of floating your 15 foot bus past me so I can make sure you arnt cheating.

Good luck with all that.

T-bone said:
I just finished my cooler livewell set up in the backy car and am ready to put it to use. Thanks to the legal input from others on this site, I realized I needed to be entered in a tournament to transport live fish. I plan to use this event as my first trial.I plan on entering alone.

As far as a tournament ribbon, will that need to be on my vehicle? Or does it stay with me? I intend to park as close to docks/shorline as I can, but may not be within eye sight of the vehicle at all times.

Also I imagine everyone takes off at the same time in the morning. Thats how we did it back home. Will I be required to be standing near the dock, or can I sit in my vehicle and listen for the starting whistle? I ask this because I do not plan on starting at coulon.

Really looking forward to this. I think you guys are in for a suprise. In fact, I predict I will win.
I don't know why the late fee keeps getting put up on our fliers. There will not be a $10 late fee for those that register in the morning.

Sounds good - a little bummed at the switch to Washington, but keeps things interesting. Berto and I will be there to take everyone's money.

Best of luck to those of you looking to finish in second place.

Do you want a side bet??? Didn't think so!

Jordan Doucet said:

Sounds good - a little bummed at the switch to Washington, but keeps things interesting. Berto and I will be there to take everyone's money.

Best of luck to those of you looking to finish in second place.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service