Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Hi every one well its a new year and wow they seem to go fast any more.

Change to the pay-out again ABA has gone back to 1 for 5 pay-out again for the 2012 season.

Did you know if you qualify by fishing 5 tournaments in one region you can pick the classic championship of your choise if you fish two regions and have 10 tournaments 5 for each region like Washington West and East you can fish two classic championships the classic championship are Tri Cities 9/7, 8/2012:: Lk. Mead 10/5, 6/2012 and Clear Lake 10/19, 20/2012.

WEST: Lake Sammamish, 3/31/12 and 4/1/12--- Lake Washington, 6/2, 3/and 8/18, 19/12

But I may if I can change the last Lk Washington to Rife Lake I would like some Input from all of you that may be fishing ABA this year.

EAST: Tri Cities, 4/28, 29/12--- Moses Lk., 6/23, 24/12--- Potholes, 7/21, 22/12

Thanks to all and have a great 2012

Larry

Views: 546

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Larry,

I say keep the summertime Lake Washington Tournament! I'm in favor of the schedule as is for 2012!

So am I.  Lake Washington fishes real big in August; Riffe will be who gets the good boat draw.  If you go anywhere else, make it big water like Sammamish or maybe the lower Columbia!  Let the club tournaments have Riffe.

I to vote for a summer Washington tourney...unless of course you want to move it to Moses

Larry,

If you want ABA to grow, obviously something has to change. The 1:3 payouts didn't work. I know you busted your butt last year going to club meetings, and promoting ABA, and that didn't work either. I vote for revamping the entire schedule. Let's face it, just like last year we already know who the top finishers will be at each event. I know firsthand, a lot of the old timers who stopped fishing ABA walked away because of the repetitiveness. I understand options are limited, but I'm ready for change!

I vote for riffe lake, I disagree with Marc about being a boat draw, also the lake is larger than Lake Sammamish, so should we let the club tourneys have sammamish as well? I think Marc just doesnt want to have to learn new water?  Sammamish why not one of the summer times on there instead of 3 on washington? I am also down for the lower columbia.

I'm glad there aren't alot of people who know how good Riffe is. It's one of my favorite places to fish, probably one of the most scenic and peaceful big lakes we have, that also holds a ton of nice fish. So please, do leave it for the clubs.... 8) You guys wouldn't have any fun there anyways...

Larry-Please keep the current ABA West schedule the same.  If I wanted to travel all over the state I could fish ABA East Or Northwest!

From a business prospective this is what I would propose:

Lake Washington March 24/25 in conjunction with the hawghunters tournies

Lower Columbia or Riffe Early June

Lake Sammamish Aug 4/5 in conjunction with the Evergreen tourny

Sammamish is August is certainly fine with me.  Never said I didn't like Riffe; Although I don't make it a regular stop since we don't have big tournaments on it anymore, I still have some tricks for that lake.  And Ron, you know you can't find anyone in this state that likes fishing new water more than I do.  I would love a circuit that changes the schedule and lakes every single year, so not wanting to learn "new" water has nothing to do with it.  Sure Riffe is big, and sure the bass population has spread, but you know it still fishes small.  I would rather fish Silver Lake than Riffe, and it fishes small too.

No matter what, if I am available I will fish any lake, and Ron you know this is true from when we fished together.  We fished tournaments on waters we never had been on before, like Tenmile, Siltcoos, Prineville, etc.  How many guys in this state ever do that? 

So bring it on; I will be there.

ciao,
Marc

washington, silver, lower columbia i think would be a great schedule.

Honestly, I think this is a good conversation to have for next year :). I say ride it out this year then mix in maybe Silver, change some dates around like lake wa in the spring and sammamish in the summer, maybe even mix in riffe in the spring or something.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service