Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Where will you go for your first bass trip of 2010, and when?

Views: 184

Replies to This Discussion

10:28 am new years day was when i started my year off with a smallie ! as mark mentioned the conditions were tuff with the high winds and rain but atleast it wasnt super cold ! thanks Marky Mark for another good time on the big ol Nitro ! David watkins , Brain calvert Rfatt , and myself went back out on sunday morning and had a blast .. two more smallies came to the boat , Brain started the day off with a good 3lbr and the conditions had to have been the best i have seen in two months .lol lots of bites and fun times .. looking forward to many more hook ups in 2010 ..
BigBass Dez said:
10:28 am new years day was when i started my year off with a smallie ! as mark mentioned the conditions were tuff with the high winds and rain but atleast it wasnt super cold ! thanks Marky Mark for another good time on the big ol Nitro ! David watkins , Brain calvert Rfatt , and myself went back out on sunday morning and had a blast .. two more smallies came to the boat , Brain started the day off with a good 3lbr and the conditions had to have been the best i have seen in two months .lol lots of bites and fun times .. looking forward to many more hook ups in 2010 ..

I had blast on Sunday. First time on Lake WA and first smallie ever for me. First time fishing on a bass boat and with other anglers. I don't think we could have asked for better weather that day. If this is any indication of how my 2010 fishing will be - I can't wait!
Nice job Brian! Looks like 2010 has started very well.
i'm going to chambers..... today!
long lake spokane. never fished there in the spring. should be nice enough weather to spend all day out there searching and not fry.
Make sure you launch at the DNR launch and not Fort Spokane, the conditions can get into category 3 whitewater there.

derek vaughn said:
long lake spokane. never fished there in the spring. should be nice enough weather to spend all day out there searching and not fry.
My first trip of the year will probably be to Silver Lake in Cowlitz County for some early season flipping and pitching and then over to Banks lake to pre fish for the ABA tournament which is scheduled for the last weekend in March. That should be interesting, I hope there isn't to much ice on the lake to negotiate through. I wonder how the crankbait bite will be? I've heard when the ice first comes off at Banks Lake it can be good fishing.

aylor said:
I try to spend time on bolth sides of I-5 around Doty and Mossyrock.

SPARKY said:
Where do you hunt?Well what GMU?Dont give spots haha?Lincoln creek,fall river,doty,bunker hill?
Craig Taylor said:
Thanks for the info Sparky.
In regards to the topic, Im thinking Riffe. Im not sure though b/c Im still healing from the butt kicking I got from huning the hills down there during bow season.

SPARKY said:
That article was oct 27th 09..2010 regs read Mar1-fri. before the last sat. in april"catch&release only.Selective rules apply"which means single barbless hook..smash the barb on a jig...But last sat in april -oct.31 statewide min,size daily limit....
Dont apologize for stating your opinions,im sure the very strong majority feel the same and have expressed it already to him.Sad part is i have seen the grocery shoppers on chambers a couple times,i dont go there anymore.

Craig Taylor said:
Hey Spark'
This is the best thing I can use as a source. Sorry I dont have the info off the top of my head... http://www.theolympian.com/chesterallen/story/1015671.html

C&R is something I take very personally and have a passion for. Especially in Thurston County. Sometimes I can get worked up about people taking home Largemouth from under populated lakes so sorry ahead of time.

SPARKY said:
Craig,Thank you very much for that.Im going to give munn a shot in march when it opens early,does it not revert back to the same laws when regular season opens.I thought thats how i read it in the regs,maybe i misunderstood.

Craig Taylor said:
So should we take it that you are going to be using Chaimbers Lake as your new food store now? Thankfully Munn lake is now a artificial lure and catch&release only. Enough damage was done to the bass population in that storm pond with docks. I see why you moved your hunting grounds. Free the fighter dude.

allan kettle said:
i'm going to chambers..... today!
Crankbaiting in March can be GREAT, even using the 'Minus 1' crank.
First trip will probably be the columbia river or the yakima river for some big time river smallies in mid march. Last year my PB came the first day with a 6.9lber so hoping for some good results.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service