Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

My new boat came with the above system. Yesterday running up river from Richland, just above Richland it stopped navigating and it was like the river was no longer there??

Any ideas?

Thx Bill Roberts

Views: 287

Replies to This Discussion

You mean the screen froze or the map no longer showed the river? I'm assuming you don't mean how the mapping is way off for anything north of Richland?

Don, the boat icon kept moving but the river disappeared. It was right at the area all the old river maps used to end.

Thanks for responding buddy!

Bill

One time the mapping froze on me and I just restarted the whole unit. It sounds more like you were at the point were there is no more river data since the river is considered "non-navigable" up there and there are no official depth soundings. I know most of the time you can be fishing and the map will show you are on land. Some water should show on the map as long as you aren't zoomed in to tight or too far off the channel. If you are convinced something is wrong and it's not just a matter of a lack of mapping data for where you are, then try and restart it. If you are still having problems let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks buddy. I did all that. I believe it's lack of mapping, which I find hard to believe in this day and age. 

Let me know sometime when your around or going to the river and I'll bring it down if I can.

My cell: 952-0516

Bill

I know there are some mapping programs in which the boarder is around Tri-Cities. Had this happen years ago with a Navionics chip.

Had the same thing with my 898 that I just put on my boat and ran the reach a couple of weeks ago.  I did manage to keep my old lowrance unit and had it running so that I could navigate the river until I could get a track and some waypoints layed down.

Mark

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service