Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Tito, Aaron (friend of Tito's and new to smallmouth fishing) and my self headed to Wa today. Got to Mercer at 7:30 and we were on our way through the fog. Finally broke into sun about a mile north of I-90. Started fishing about 35 feet and kinda worked our way to 50 and then back to 35. Had my first good solid hit about 30 mins into it but of course I was not ready so no fish for Brian. around 10:30 in about 45 feet of water Aaron got in to a fish 3.2lbs. So point one for fishermen. This also was his first smallie so he was pretty stoked. About 20 mins later i was hooked up and got my first fish in the boat. 3+lbs. Did manage to get one more on but lost it pretty quick. We had to get out of there around 11:30 so we had to stop. All in all great day on the water, got to see a guy get his first smallmouth, which is always great. we did have a few more hits but pretty sure they were trout. Fish came on a Outlaw 3.5 ugly green tube and a Wave Worm swim bug in watermelon. Water was pretty clear and not to much crap floating.

Views: 35

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Good fish Brian ! My girlfriend susan and I went out today, from about 11:45-3:30. We fished north of I-90 all day. Felt like I got a bite half hour into the day but no hookup. I ended up with a 19 inch trout north of 520 around 3pm. Nice to get my first fish of the year, even though it wasn't a bass.
Right on. Ya I was in the east channel. I saw a few boats fishing Mercer and then another boat fishing I-90. Anytime your out and ya see me come say hi. I always got some baits to hand out. Nice job on the fish (trout or not its still a fish), and keep it up they will come.

Brian

Chris B said:
Good fish Brian ! My girlfriend susan and I went out today, from about 11:45-3:30. We fished north of I-90 all day. Felt like I got a bite half hour into the day but no hookup. I ended up with a 19 inch trout north of 520 around 3pm. Nice to get my first fish of the year, even though it wasn't a bass.
Hey guys , well i hit wa wa on sunday afternoon till bout 3pm .. got three bites and boated one fish(3.50) . Came from 42ft , water temp was 43.5 .. imo from colun to newport was pretty much unfishable , water was till murky .. all in all good day and got my first fish of the year ..

BBD
Attachments:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service