Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I just want to remind everyone that Saturday, March 26th, the Puyallup Hawg Hunters will be holding the 2011 Lake Sammamish Open at Lake Sammamish State Park.  There will be an off limits from Sunday the 20th at midnight until blast off Saturday morning.   There will be late registration from 5:00 am to 6:25 am Saturday morning, with the drivers meeting at 6:25 and blast off at 6:45 am.  entry fee is $120, with $20 option and $20 big fish pots.  Weigh in is at 3:00 pm, with a raffle to follow.  Coffee and donuts will be available in the morning, and hotdogs at weigh-in.  Entry forms are available to be printed here:

http://puyallup-hawg-hunters.com/Entry_Form.html

They will also be available in the morning.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone there!

http://puyallup-hawg-hunters.com/index.html

Views: 153

Replies to This Discussion

I dont get it at all, we had 17 boats sunday. Plus, the weather man was way off, it was pretty decent out Saturday. We got great participation from the club on set up and orginization though.

Jordan Doucet said:

Hi Aaron,

Yeah, what was up with no Hawg Hunters showing up for the open? I can think of 6 or so boats from your club that should have been there but weren't.

How many largemouth were weighed in both days, other than the big fish Doug caught Sunday? I would have participated if work wouldn't of got in the way.....

All I know is that over the last 6 times I have fished it I have taken 2nd 4 times 3rd once and 1st once.  I have taken second place 4 times. Those four times I have been beat by a total of .85 pounds in '06 was beat by a mere .01lbs. that is less than a drip of water, and in '05  .09. The worst I have done was the 3rd place finish where I was behind the leader by a whopping 1.5 pounds. 

Hats off to Jamie and his partner they have their spot wired and have beat us 2 years in a row, by over a half a pound last year and by only .11 this year. These are the only guys that have beat me more than once since '05 granted I did not fish in '09.  Good job guys, I hope next year there is more participation, I think the fishing gets a little tougher when we can get over 30 boats on the water and it might be the only way we can beat Jamie.

I didnt see any durring the open, just Doug's durring the club tourny.

Chad Simon said:

How many largemouth were weighed in both days, other than the big fish Doug caught Sunday? I would have participated if work wouldn't of got in the way.....

Oh poor Ron.... I'm sorry you've got so many seconds and a 6th place in the F'in FLW cup. I feel soooooooo bad for you!

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

All I know is that over the last 6 times I have fished it I have taken 2nd 4 times 3rd once and 1st once.  I have taken second place 4 times. Those four times I have been beat by a total of .85 pounds in '06 was beat by a mere .01lbs. that is less than a drip of water, and in '05  .09. The worst I have done was the 3rd place finish where I was behind the leader by a whopping 1.5 pounds. 

Hats off to Jamie and his partner they have their spot wired and have beat us 2 years in a row, by over a half a pound last year and by only .11 this year. These are the only guys that have beat me more than once since '05 granted I did not fish in '09.  Good job guys, I hope next year there is more participation, I think the fishing gets a little tougher when we can get over 30 boats on the water and it might be the only way we can beat Jamie.

Easy Jordan, you're going to get him all emotional.

Jordan Doucet said:

Oh poor Ron.... I'm sorry you've got so many seconds and a 6th place in the F'in FLW cup. I feel soooooooo bad for you!

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service