Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

It's official, Stilen's released the 2011 schedule. I like the mixup to keep things interesting.

Northwest Bass 2011 Schedule...

April 9 ... Banks Lake

May 21 ... Lake Washington

June 4 ... Potholes

July 9 ... Boardman

August 13 ... Banks Lake

September 24-25 ...Tri Cities Championship

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

So excited to be fishin Northwest Bass next year
I hate the schedule but I love the circuit, count me in. Seriously though 2 on Banks I hate that lake and the only other place I hate worse is Boardman! Should be a great time!

The past two tournies on Boardman half the field caught better than 10lbs. The tourny on Boardman two years ago was the first time I've ever seen that pool, and we must have caught 40 fish once we figured it out. Just goes to show how stupid that fishery is. I personally can't wait for this tourny!
Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
I hate the schedule but I love the circuit, count me in. Seriously though 2 on Banks I hate that lake and the only other place I hate worse is Boardman! Should be a great time!
I guess I'll be the one to say it! We have two circuits in this state, why can't they come up with a schedule that doesn't conflict with each other. It doesn't help the circuit or the fisherman when tournament org's conflict with each other.

Gary & Larry get together and help the fisherman, work out the conflict and move forward for 2011.

Thx BILL
You can't catch any fish on that body of water if the wind is blowing! That is the reason I hate that body of water. Don't get me wrong I like the fishing; the body of water is what I don't like. Its the same way with Banks I like the fishing i just don't prefer the fishing methods I have to use in order to catch the fish.

Chad Simon said:

The past two tournies on Boardman half the field caught better than 10lbs. The tourny on Boardman two years ago was the first time I've ever seen that pool, and we must have caught 40 fish once we figured it out. Just goes to show how stupid that fishery is. I personally can't wait for this tourny!
Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
Im coo with the schedule minus Boardman & the river , my only beef with those bodies of water is that i lack experience on the river ..lol
As for the 2 events on banks , That ROCKS :-) i cant get enough of that lake i look forward to fishing the whole circuit for the first time , it should be a great learning experience overall ..
The schedules are interesting, to say the least. Either way, the conflict with NWB and ABA is kind of ridiculous. I don't understand how, with all of the weekends, two of the biggest circuits in the state are fighting for a particular weekend. Seems weird. Now I (and others) basically have to choose which one we want to fish...Unless this changes.

Sure, there are ways around it. You could go and fish a tourney on the westside for ABA, or only fish 4 NWB events, or only fish the 2nd day Potholes right after Boardman...But realistically, I'm not good enough, and a lot of others aren't either, to be able to just jump in a tournament and do well without pre-fishing. And I'm not going to divide my time pre-fishing when I'm fishing against guys like Echternkamp, Hobbs, Hall, Lippincott...It's not worth it.
two of the biggest circuts? one is big the other isn't, shouldn't the smaller one move its dates?

Ben Hanes said:
The schedules are interesting, to say the least. Either way, the conflict with NWB and ABA is kind of ridiculous. I don't understand how, with all of the weekends, two of the biggest circuits in the state are fighting for a particular weekend. Seems weird. Now I (and others) basically have to choose which one we want to fish...Unless this changes.

Sure, there are ways around it. You could go and fish a tourney on the westside for ABA, or only fish 4 NWB events, or only fish the 2nd day Potholes right after Boardman...But realistically, I'm not good enough, and a lot of others aren't either, to be able to just jump in a tournament and do well without pre-fishing. And I'm not going to divide my time pre-fishing when I'm fishing against guys like Echternkamp, Hobbs, Hall, Lippincott...It's not worth it.
It would be the smart thing to do wouldn't you think? I think for most of us we will fish NWB over ABA, nothing against ABA at all, because I do enjoy fishing these events, I just go where the money is and right now NWB has it hands down. If it doesnt get worked out you can expect maybe 10 boats per ABA event on the conflicting dates.

Pat said:
two of the biggest circuts? one is big the other isn't, shouldn't the smaller one move its dates?

Ben Hanes said:

Looks like Larry stepped up and resolved the conflict July 9th. Thanks Larry we appreciate it.

Bill Roberts Sr said:
I guess I'll be the one to say it! We have two circuits in this state, why can't they come up with a schedule that doesn't conflict with each other. It doesn't help the circuit or the fisherman when tournament org's conflict with each other.

Gary & Larry get together and help the fisherman, work out the conflict and move forward for 2011.

Thx BILL

I would like to say that it always takes two to resolve any conflict! Gary is a stand up guy and these two directors worked this out to help ALL of us. Thanks Gary & Larry!

Bill Roberts Sr said:

Looks like Larry stepped up and resolved the conflict July 9th. Thanks Larry we appreciate it.

Bill Roberts Sr said:

Thx BILL

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service