Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Borderline Bassin Contenders will be holding their annual Lake Whatcom Spring Open on SUNDAY, April 29th 2012.  Driver's meeting will be at 5:45 AM sharp and blast off will be at safe light.  Please try to be registered with your boat inspected prior to the driver's meeting.  I will be in the upper portion of the parking lot at Bloedel Donovan Park at 5 AM accepting entry forms and doing boat inspections as people drive in.  I figure this should make things run smoothly. Entry fee is $100 per team plus $20 big fish.  Entry fee is paid back 80% and big fish 100%.  Payout is 40% to 1st, 35% to 2nd, and 25% to 3rd.  Weigh in will be at 3 PM.  I have attached the entry form and rules to this thread.  If you would like to mail your entry in early, PM me and I can provide you with my address.  I removed the 25 boat rule from the regs as we are allowed to have 75 by law.  Please try to bring your own signed entry form to the tournament if at all possible.  I will bring extras but it is tough to bring enough for everyone.  If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.  As it is every year, this tournament should be a blast and the fishing should be excellent!  Hope to see all of you there that can make it!

Clarification on issues that have come up in the past, these will be handled at my discretion: 

1)  Each team will be allowed one re weigh.  If you choose to re weigh, you must take your second weight regardless of what it turns out to be.

2) Carbureted two stroke outboards are not allowed on Lake Whatcom.  You are allowed to have one on your boat and only run your trolling motor however.  Therefore, Borderline will not tell someone whether or not they can fish based on their outboard.  Also, it is impossible for me personally to watch everyone so I will not take any protests involving people saying someone was running an illegal outboard.  However, if you do run a carbureted two stroke motor, you are subject to being written a ticket.  There was no one on the lake enforcing this law last year but I cannot gaurantee this will be the case again this year.  I haven't heard any news on whether they will be enforcing this law this year.  If you do run a carbureted two stroke motor, understand that you are doing so AT YOUR OWN RISK.  Borderline will not assume any responsibility if you are written a ticket.

3) Off limits - Off limits to competitors start on Monday, April 23rd and run through Saturday, April 28th.  This means that if you want to compete on Sunday you CANNOT fish or have your boat on Lake Whatcom on Saturday April 28th even though it is opening day for fishing!

4)  There is a 40 mph speed limit on the lake.  Again, we are not able to enforce this but you are subject to being written a ticket if you travel faster.

5)  Please Check the new regs as I made some revisions.

Views: 1062

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

FYI on Motor Regs:

January 1, 2009—The operation of all carbureted two-stroke engine powered watercraft on Lake Whatcom is prohibited, except: Watercraft powered by a two-stroke engine that is certified and labeled as meeting the 2006 or later model year US EPA emissions standards, auxiliary sailboat engines, 10 horsepower or less engines, and all electronic fuel injected two-stroke engines originally purchased before August 2004.

Also, another FYI on motor regs.  While I guess it isn't 100% impossible for you to be written a ticket, city employees giving Borderline a zebra mussel presentation told us the motor ban is more or less "honor code" enforced.  They told us it is more or less in place for awareness.

Now when you say "Code of Honor" by definition that means :
system is a set of rules or principles governing a community based on a set of  rules or ideals that define what constitutes honorable behavior ...Right ?

Do me a favor and explain that to the dude that called the Cops last year :-0  ..Where i come from we call that "Snitching"  ...Right ?

David Parnicky said:

Also, another FYI on motor regs.  While I guess it isn't 100% impossible for you to be written a ticket, city employees giving Borderline a zebra mussel presentation told us the motor ban is more or less "honor code" enforced.  They told us it is more or less in place for awareness.

LOL This is great stuff BBD!

BigBass Dez said:

Now when you say "Code of Honor" by definition that means :
system is a set of rules or principles governing a community based on a set of  rules or ideals that define what constitutes honorable behavior ...Right ?

Do me a favor and explain that to the dude that called the Cops last year :-0  ..Where i come from we call that "Snitching"  ...Right ?

David Parnicky said:

There isn't even a set penalty in the regs or anything along those lines.  Basically, if they haven't enforced this rule ever before, I would be pissed if the first ticket ever handed out was at a Whatcom Open!  You can't go two years without enforcing something and then decide to enforce it just for one day.  BS!  Anyone that wants to fish this tournament should be allowed to the way the regs currently are set!

Thanks for being open and honest about these matters DP , Im hoping for a great turn out this year bud .. That lake is sooo fun too fish in april cant wait :)  

David Parnicky said:

There isn't even a set penalty in the regs or anything along those lines.  Basically, if they haven't enforced this rule ever before, I would be pissed if the first ticket ever handed out was at a Whatcom Open!  You can't go two years without enforcing something and then decide to enforce it just for one day.  BS!  Anyone that wants to fish this tournament should be allowed to the way the regs currently are set!

Man I might have to break out the oil burner just for good measure.  It it leaks more than it burns, does that count as a problem?

See this the reason why you almost went too jail last year SQUIRRELY.

No need to prove your point with a leaky outboard crazy ..haha 

Hey btw are we still putting down our lunch bet again this year or what  ?

RFatt16 said:

Man I might have to break out the oil burner just for good measure.  It it leaks more than it burns, does that count as a problem?

I almost went to jail last year cause I was in Bellingham and was seen with you.  I went up there for years when my wife went to school up there with no problems.....I show up there with you and 5.0 are all over us.  Profiling?!?!?!?!

Lunch bet is on like Konkey Dong(your favorite)

One other note, please make sure to have all of the safety gear listed on the entry form as there will be inspections in the AM.  

What if we don't????? You gonna call the COPS????!!!?!??!?!

David Parnicky said:

One other note, please make sure to have all of the safety gear listed on the entry form as there will be inspections in the AM.  

Why would I do that when I can just not let you fish??  Much harsher penalty! As we learned last year, calling the cops doesn't do anything!  I am not the type that calls the cops on friends.  I just am letting people know so they are prepared and warned.  I want everyone that shows up to be able to fish worry free and enjoy their day on the lake!  I don't have enough spare flares for everyone!

RFatt16 said:

What if we don't????? You gonna call the COPS????!!!?!??!?!

David Parnicky said:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service