Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I talked to Larry Williams last night and got the rundown on the proposed 2013 schedule as follows.

WEST:

Mid May -Lake Washington

June - Riffe Lake

August - Silver Lake

EAST:

Late April -  Bank lake

June - Tri-Cities

July - Potholes

I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks about the change from what has become the standard over the last few years and if the schedule makes you more likely to fish ABA or less. 

Here's my thoughts:

May Lake Washington: Arguably the biggest weights of the year for lake Wa are brought in in May. Should be a good tournament and draw.

June at Riffe: I've never fished it so I'm a little biased against this one, but from what I understand it fishes pretty small during the spawn, especially for two tournaments. Someone else may be able to weigh in better than I.  

August at Silver: I love to see this one back on the schedule. Not sure how it fishes in August but it's a very unique lake unlike any other on the westside as far as tournament bodies of water go.

Banks in April: A couple weeks after the NWB tournament and the water is still cold. No largemouth restriction is nice, but there's probably a reason why. Roosevelt would be a very viable option in my opinion and would offer a killer alternative IMO. 

Tri-Cities - happens every year, there are two northwest tournaments on the Columbia this year, the ABA championship and potentially the NWB championship. Would like to see something else.

Potholes in July - Can't argue with that, great time of year there and typically is the biggest ABA draw of the year in WA.

Whats Missing?

Moses Lake - A little biased here again as some of you know, but has brought in the biggest bags of any lake every year. Hard to argue against a lake where it takes 20+lbs to get into the top 3-5 on day one and 22+ to win it. 

Lake Sammamish: Glad to see this lake get a break, but as crazy as it is here in the summer, it does present an interesting opportunity.

What would I like to see?

Banks in the summer - a very unique fishery, would be great to see next year.

Moses in may or June: See above...

Roosevelt: underfished, fish are getting bigger, lots of them, facilities suck, but what a fun tournament that would be. 

Let's hear what you guys think, both none ABA guys and ABA regulars like Ron, Marc, Don, John McHenry, etc...

Views: 701

Replies to This Discussion

I believe Riffe will be a great tourney in June. Riffe is always good fishing but exceptional in June. With our boat numbers around 25, lake shouldnt fish small. Curious to see how silver lake bags fill out. This lake is the one i would be concerned about fishing to small. I am excited for the change in schedule.  

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service