Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

We had 7 clubs show up for the club fish off with 35 boats total. The fishing was tough for most. The morning bite was good, but quickly went downhill after about 9:00am. The rest of the day was a struggle, but it seemed like there was an afternoon bite right before the weigh in for a couple of guys. Here's how everyone ended up.

Club Average for 5 fish:
1st: Evergreen 7.64lbs
2nd: Capitol City 6.56lbs
3rd: WBA 6.16lbs

Big Stringer:
1st:Ron Hobbs/Jim Sumich 13.7lbs (Evergreen)
2nd: Jordan Doucet/Mike Albertson 12.8lbs (WBA)
3rd: Jeff Abbott/Jared Davis 11.07 (Evergreen)
4th: Tony LoFranco/Keith Brooks 10.82lbs(WBA)

Big Fish:
Tony LoFranco 4.72lbs Largemouth

Thanks again to everyone who came and to the sponsors Auburn Sports and Marine, Three Rivers Marine, Quest Pro Tackle, Sniper Lures and Kevin Jones/Ranger Boats. I look forward to doing it again next year on Lake Washington.

Any feedback for next year?

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

Make the boat numbering different so the clubs are split up at blast off.

Keep the low entry fee but make the option pots much higher.

If you can predict 7 or more clubs next year, move it to Washington.
I wish you guys had it at Lake Washington so I could have fished Sammamish. Lake WA was dead on Saturday. Good job to Ron and Jim, and the Evergreen Club.

ciao,
Marc

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
I think the tournament was great. I don't necesarily think Lake Washington would make for a better tournament. Lake Sammamish has alot going for it as far as water conditions. No huge boats when it sunny and there is always somewhere to fish on the lake when it is windy and is still runnable. Lake Washington adds more variables to make for a worse tourney. I think Lake Washington does not mean more people will catch fish, they usually fish the same as far as if they are biting or not. With weather and the wind we had Yesterday could have made WA alot harder to fish.
Great job Jordan, from my perspective it seemed to accomplish what you set out to do.
I was impressed with the turn out and as a group we all need to do more of this to keep the interest strong for the sport. There was a strong showing of great anglers from the Puget Sound area that put it all out there to represent their clubs.
Thanks again for all the hard work, and a special thanks to Deb for weighing in all the fish.
I don't know. I know it wasn't pretty though. I'll try and find out this week. I'm getting bored with saying this, but great job Ron! (and Jim!)

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
So what where the total weights per club? I guess I could take the averages and times them by 5 correct?
So
38.2 Evergreen
32.8 Capitol City
30.8 WBA
What did the Hawg Hunters have again? Maybe Aarron knows?
I stand corrected. Great job Ron's Club!

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
No Evergreen Bass Club won. Jim and I did not win, our awesome, bad ass club team won, Holly Lewis, Ralph Lewis, Jared Davis Jeff Abbott, Phil Johnson, Dan Huffman, Johnny Walker, and Chad Simon.

AARON373V said:
I don't know. I know it wasn't pretty though. I'll try and find out this week. I'm getting bored with saying this, but great job Ron! (and Jim!)

Ronald Hobbs, Jr. said:
So what where the total weights per club? I guess I could take the averages and times them by 5 correct?
So
38.2 Evergreen
32.8 Capitol City
30.8 WBA
What did the Hawg Hunters have again? Maybe Aarron knows?

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service