Sunrise at 6:58 am

3:00 pm Weigh In

$250 Entry Fee per Club

$20 Big Stringer Option Pot per boat

$10 Big Fish Option Pot per boat

80% Payback

Team Tournament

• Up to 5 Boats per club
  • Up to 2 Anglers per Boat (Ideally the top ten in points standings for each club)
  • The winning club will be determined by the average 5 fish limit weight for the club. (See Rule #5 below)

For Information Contact:

Jordan Doucet (425) 218-0520

Jordan.Doucet@gmail.com

Views: 3862

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats to Evergreen on the team win, the Hawg Hunter team for the individual win, and to anyone that weighed in a fish for helping their team's cause!  I wish I could say the same!  Talk about tough fishing!  I agree with PJ, the fishing on Sammamish always greatly humbles me!  Also, I want to thank Jordan in particular and the rest of WBA for continuously giving very helpful information to us both before and during the tournament.  He really went out of his way to try to help the club do well and we just couldn't get the job done!  I can say that we fished as hard as we could ALL day long though and never gave up!

Also, I do love the format of this tournament! Lots of fun to fish together as a club!!

Congrats to Evergreen for the W and everybody who caught fish. I knew it would be tough but thats Sammamish in the fall. The format of the tourney is fun. We at Northend Bass definatley wanted to place on top, and for me it was great to see our club come together and try to get it done, and the opportunity to fish with a club member I don't normally fish with. Thanks Jordan and Washington Bass Club. Dammit though...wait till next year

I ditto the above sentiments about Samamish. It humbles me every time I fish this lake. Now next year put it on Washington and you will see other clubs step up their game.

It was also great to get out and meet other folks I hadn't met in previous events.

Russ

I agree about Washington. I keep telling Jordan every year to move it. The majority of our club is way better on Washington. In fact, we would probably win by like 40lbs.

Russell Baker said:

I ditto the above sentiments about Samamish. It humbles me every time I fish this lake. Now next year put it on Washington and you will see other clubs step up their game.

It was also great to get out and meet other folks I hadn't met in previous events.

Russ

I think a few of you evergreen boys are going to earn some nick names like T.O. and Ocho Cinco for being such humble winners. Good, job on your win overall, but not a single team in the top 3? Looks like victory with mediocrity.

Just a little jab, you guys did win, but it wasn't domination like you would lead everyone to believe. 1 more fish in a hawg hunter boat would have changed the results. This sport has a way of humbling egos, so careful gents. The competition is very close to you.

Hey guys, I'd love to change it to Washington, problem is we'll either need to talk Western out of having their tournament there the first weekend in October, or talk Puyallup out of having the Mickelson there the following weekend. As you may or may not know, you can only have 2 weekends of tournaments on a lake per month.

The date has also come up, and the issue there is most clubs have tournaments through september, all the championships in September, the scholarship in october, the mickelson and the whatcom open later in Ocotber. Scheduling sucks, but I'm open to suggestions. I've thought about moving it back a few weeks, but then the weather can be rela touchy and we've been lucky all three years on the current date.

Here's the final results:

Big Fish: 5.54lbs Chad Simon/Curtis Blunck

Individual Results:

1. 16.84lbs - Gerald Dunn / Ryan Gates
  2. 13.64lbs - Jordan Doucet / Mike Albertson
  3. 13.34lbs - Mark Brown / John G.
  4. 11.45lbs - Bob Leary / Peter Kline
  5. 10.62lbs - Derek Eggiman / John Minica

There were 8 limits brought in out of 40 boats.

Club Results (5 fish average):

1. 7.22lbs Evergreen Bass Club
  2. 6.97lbs Puyallup Hawg Hunters
  3. 6.12lbs Castmasters
  4. 5.06lbs Western
  5. 4.89lbs North End
  6. 4.30lbs WBA
  7. 2.11lbs Northwest Bass Club
  8. 1.74lbs Capitol City

I don't think it matters which lake it's on just keep it going, the gathering is nothing but good for the sport. I would like to see some of this competition carry over to the TBF qualifiers next year, let's try to get the numbers back up and continue this fun.
Thanks Jodan and all the people that helped out, it was a great way to spend the day! Hopefully I'll actually catch a keeper next year!
Thanx guys. I had a blast Saturday and once again jordan u put on one heck of a tournament. I will say we struggled to get fish till 1:30. We started off the day with no fish till 10:30 I made a random cast shallow on a gut feeling and it payed off with a largie of 3.5 to 4 lbs. Then we saw bait fish busting and my partner and myself both cast at the busting bait. I was swimming a dropshot and gerald was throwing a spook and we both lost fish where the bait was busting. We at that point ran to several spots looking to duplicate that structure depth and situation. During this time we were I constant communication with our other memberstrying to help one another then we pulled next to shawn and saw the direction he was fishing and went the opposite direction. 30 min pass and I am chomping at the bit to go north to get some green and gerald said ok we will go up there in a min that's when the magic happens the next 30 min was all gerald that man was on fire. It seemed like every cast the fish got bigger and bigger then as fast as it turned on it was done. I gotta say wow the most amazing 30 min of fishing I have ever experienced and yes I was texting my but off between neting fish and it was hard to text and net. I owe it all to gerald dunn thanx gerald and the rest of the hawghunters team for doing a great job of helping one another to. Locate fish and patterns.
I think the first weekend in November is worth the weather risk on Lake Washington. A lot of people that fish Washington late in the year would agree.

Jordan Doucet said:

Hey guys, I'd love to change it to Washington, problem is we'll either need to talk Western out of having their tournament there the first weekend in October, or talk Puyallup out of having the Mickelson there the following weekend. As you may or may not know, you can only have 2 weekends of tournaments on a lake per month.

The date has also come up, and the issue there is most clubs have tournaments through september, all the championships in September, the scholarship in october, the mickelson and the whatcom open later in Ocotber. Scheduling sucks, but I'm open to suggestions. I've thought about moving it back a few weeks, but then the weather can be rela touchy and we've been lucky all three years on the current date.

The "Club Fish Off" is an awesome event, Im glad to be a part of it and WBA!  The best part is running into guys I only see once a year and meeting WAFISH members.  I was cool to finally meet Chris B!  Hopefully next year I can catch fish!  Fishing was TOUGH for us but every year someone catches fish so the fishing wasnt horrible...but I think Washington would be fun...or a state wide Club Fish Off in Eastern WA!

Here's a few pics from the top finishers:

1st Place:

2nd Place:

Big Fish:

Here's a slideshow of all pictures:

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by