Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

Views: 4590

Replies to This Discussion

This should get good!

Russ/Chris maybe you can work out a deal with the Mesebergs to lower the gas prices at the dock for tournament participants so boats can fill up after making all these trips back and forth. Just a thought. They may be willing to do that knowing this event is going to bring some customers they normally wouldnt have at the docks.

I read the rules before making my post...  I assumed Limit Out wanted a lack of cell phone use, so I posted what I did.  If the rules get clarified more that's cool, if not, we're all going to have fun so lets just go fish. 

That much money involved. ..let's just go fishing... good luck to all you and hope the whining of butthurt losers is on the low side.

The No cell phone device rule is a bit cloudy the way it reads in the rules  . I can make it a point not to answer the phone or make a call during this event very easy right . However what if i look at my phone to confirm the current time and i happen to see a text from someone on the dock sending me a hourly big fish weight ? Did i just get the team DQ for reading that text  ? If the answer is YES

Okay thats fine but please make that extreamly clear so there is no confusion or untentional actions from any giving team . 

The board showing weights will be a plus in my opinion . A good pair of Binoculars should be able to save a team an unnecessary trip up to the dock through out the event .

Keep in mind that this Format is a new format style event for most teams that plan on fishing so it does become very healthy for us to have these disscussions in advance.

My personal thoughts on the cell phone rule is that it should be no different than the same rules we use at our states TBF events .. NO cell phone useage period ! > kinda keeps things interesting as someone mentioned above . Im sure all of this will be discussed at the pre tourney meeting :)

Cell phone use will be discussed at drivers meeting and during sign ups. We assure you that the use of cell phones during this event may be used for telling time, talking to family, etc. But cannot be used to solicit fishing information or assisting others to find fish. 

Whatever the decision is regarding the cell phone use, I would sure like to think people are honest enough to follow them.  I know there are always people pushing, and sometimes crossing the limits.  We see this every year fishing NW Bass and other big money tournaments.  I guess it is just the nature of the beast.   I'm sure Russ will have a good game plan come blast off.  Let's just go fishing!  

Looking forward to this one, going to be busy out there though. There is a big bowfishing tourney the same weekend.
They told me they may have thirty boats tops

Still have time to sign up for this event. Just remember if you sign up on Friday the evening of the tournament that it will be cash only.

Russ

I am friends with one of the organizers of the carp shoot. HE told me today that they will have 30-40 boats ( maybe)and will be launching at Blyth and at Mardon, but will meet and have a meeting near the blyth ramp around 8 am, so they will not mess with our launch or the first weigh ins.

Starting tomorrow we are only taking cash for entry into the Big Bass Tournament.

See you there.

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service