Washington Fishing

The Online Source for Washington Fishing Information

I dont know bout the rest of you but i want spring to come BAD. ive already got my reels all cleaned for nxt year and my tackle organized. I have a real bad itch to go and bass fish but cant since pretty much everything is frozen over. How do all of you get through the winter months?

Views: 163

Replies to This Discussion

"Just grass carp", right? LOL

BigBass Dez said:
Well with lake washington being less than two blocks from my front door i try best to make it over the winter months atleast 2-3 times per month . Winter smallmouth fishing can be a fun day on the lake, not many bites but more than often the size of your catch will be rewarding enough to justify the frostbite ! As for time around the house WOW ! Like others i play this strange game with myself year after year of organizing all my tackle over and over ..Reading , music , football , internet , bass chating etc are tools that help ease the pain of cabin fever ! I still get a kick out of looking at my nieghbors face as they watch me practice flippen and pitching outside in the dead of winter , and yes everytime the same question is always ask "you catching anything" ..lol
I still haven't cleaned up my tackle from this year, good goin Cody. I try to fish and run the boat once or twice a month during the winter. Most important thing I try to do during the winter is save money, hasn't happened yet this year. Last year I spent a ton of time on Grand Theft Auto for Xbox360, and reading bass books.
I enjoy watching the FLW tournies on-line. Love hearing Hobbs say "Now thats a columbia river smallie"....while trying to reel in Kromm in 2008 on the River.
ive watched every flw tournament on there from the beginning of 2008 haha

Jake "The Snake" Anderson said:
I enjoy watching the FLW tournies on-line. Love hearing Hobbs say "Now thats a columbia river smallie"....while trying to reel in Kromm in 2008 on the River.
I jones like hell about this time of year. Not having a boat and being in the tube in 40 degree water limits me somewhat. I HAVE to fish, so I usually fish for cutts in Long Lk (Kitsap Co) which is productive, or the occasional steelhead trip which is never productive, but it is fishing.
My advice is to go kill something
Steelhead and Walleye for me. I also pour up a lot of jigs and attempt other tackle making projects when the weather really has me socked in. I also seem to spend a lot of time on this web site :)
Amen.

Mike Bess said:
My advice is to go kill something
Hunt, bass and steelhead fish in October. Hunt, bass and steelhead fish in November. Hunt, bass and steelhead fish in December. Hunt, get boat and gear tuned up in January. Steelhead and walleye fish in February. Fish for steelhead, walleye, and bass in March. Bass from then on out way too much.
Geez, thanks for the reminder buddy. I'm in the midst of a packing spree preparing for an end of month move and you gotta bring this shit up. Haven't been out since the WAFISH fest and I too am looking at this warming trend wishing I was fishing.
How do they smoke up?

SPARKY said:
Could community cats fall in this"kill something" in the city for winter time fun.Either a silencer for a .22 or perhaps a bow.I guess no one ever paid attention to what Bob Barker was saying!!!
Hunting and Snowboarding

RSS

Blog Posts

Old Farts Tournament on Potholes

Posted by Tom Melowitz on September 7, 2019 at 2:45pm

New Group Added!

Posted by Eric Urstad on April 3, 2019 at 7:38pm

© 2024   Created by Jordan Doucet.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service